Is Three a crowd?

erehwon

Chirping
Sep 6, 2019
We have three Toulouse geese, two female and one male, the male and one female have paired off and have started going through the ritual of dancing around and in the water bowls before attempting to mate (unsuccessfully so far, the poor lad is a bit clueless at present!) leaving a lonesome goose. Is this natural behaviour? We were hoping both females would breed with the same gander. The lonesome one is the oldest of the three.

Any thoughts?

The gander will breed the other goose. Most likely after the other goose starts setting.

My gander mated 2 females but had a favorite.

Thanks for the replies, I was getting worried as the gander chases the the second goose away and spends all his time with his "favourite", the second goose just seems to sit on the periphery of things. I think I just feel sorry for her being left out as she is my favourite so I may be being a touch to sensitive. Should I say that being a bloke? :D

I was actually pretty surprised my gander was breeding with his adopted daughter. She was full grown at the time but he is so head over hills in love with his mate. I didn’t think he’d show interest.

I was actually pretty surprised my gander was breeding with his adopted daughter. She was full grown at the time but he is so head over hills in love with his mate. I didn’t think he’d show interest.

Strange creatures these goosey things! I still have a lot to learn.

Back
Top Bottom