ISA Brown with one blue leg

I'm wondering if she somehow stepped in something. From your pictures, that does not look like a natural shade of blue—it looks like some sort of paint, almost. How a chicken could possibly have stepped in any sort of dye right up to the knee, and not gotten any on her feathers, I don't know, but I've never seen a chicken's leg turn blue naturally either.

EDT: And on that note, have you tried washing it off?

Those were my thoughts exactly! She lives in a pen where there is nothing that could stain her leg and it does not wash off. I’ll post another picture I just took. From this picture it definitely looks more green
09070981-0FC2-4A1F-AB32-4F3735E17381.jpeg

Those were my thoughts exactly! She lives in a pen where there is nothing that could stain her leg and it does not wash off. I’ll post another picture I just took. From this picture it definitely looks more green View attachment 2349864
That picture looks like a normal leg colour, almost. If both legs matched, I'd think nothing of it. Is that how it looks in real life? Maybe it's just a weird mutation.

That picture looks like a normal leg colour, almost. If both legs matched, I'd think nothing of it. Is that how it looks in real life? Maybe it's just a weird mutation.

so in natural light it looks like the bluish color but with a light shining on it, it appears green. So yes in real life it looks like this lol just varying shades In whatever light.

It is so strange... definitely keep an eye on it. Tractor supply doesn't seem to sell pure breeds. We got 2 "Americana" chickens. From the Pullet bin. I have 2 easter eggers. The Roo has bright yellow legs and the pullet lays green eggs. So not pure. My guess is, if the leg color is not from injury, illness, or accidental dye someplace, this girl has something mixed in somewhere in the family tree that decided to show up now. It may get darker as she gets older. But that is just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom