ISO a couple of chicks in western MN...

bobbi-j

Enabler
14 Years
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
Hello, Fellow Minnesota Chicken Keepers!

I am looking to buy a couple of chicks, 1-3 weeks old to keep a lonely little orphaned chick company. My broody hatched out 2 chicks on June 22. One is them disappeared this past weekend, and now the broody is gone. Her remaining chick was wandering around alone this morning. Not looking for specific breed or sex, just something to keep the little guy company. I’m in western MN, so looking for something near here.

sorry for your losses. :hugs Have you tried your state thread?
Not yet. Hoping some MN people would see this. Today I put one of my 8-week old pullets in with the chick. She has no interest
in it, of course, but has shown no aggression towards it, either. Chick latched right on to the pullet, of course. Follows her around, ate next to her at the feeder, etc. Chick pecked at her face like it would its mama, and the pullet just stared at it like, “What are you doing?” But didn’t peck at it. Currently the pullet is just concerned with getting out of the pen. If I don’t find some little friends for it, I’m hoping I can leave the two of them together for a couple of weeks and then put them in with the rest of the flock again.

Back
Top Bottom