ISO Bantam Hatching Eggs For Spring

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
In spring, one of our hens named Mouse is going to go broody so I thought I'd get her some hatching eggs. And I know she'll go broody because she's a Bantam Silkie/Cochin mix. She's our best mother hen so I know she'll love and protect them.

If you are planning selling some hatching eggs at the beginning of spring, I'd love to discuss the price and shipping for them!
Unless you're in Washington State and can drive to Battle Ground to deliver them.
I want about 8-10 eggs.
I'm willing to pay extra for Polish eggs if you have any! They're my mom's favorite breed.

If I can't find any hatching eggs for her, I'll just allow our Lavender Silkie rooster to breed with her.

This is a photo from earlier this year of her and the chicks she raised.
She'll be 2 yrs old next year.
IMG_20180515_123709.jpg

Hi there. :frow

Cute birds. :love

Have you considered adopting her some live chicks? It's ONE of my favorite things to do. And so far 100% success rate! It's great that you are planning ahead!

Then you could order from ANY hatchery... the breed AND gender you want! They will be guaranteed disease free as well. ;)

Highly recommended. :fl:jumpy:jumpy

Hi there. :frow

Cute birds. :love

Have you considered adopting her some live chicks? It's ONE of my favorite things to do. And so far 100% success rate! It's great that you are planning ahead!

Then you could order from ANY hatchery... the breed AND gender you want! They will be guaranteed disease free as well. ;)

Highly recommended. :fl:jumpy:jumpy
Usually I just get chicks from our local feed store every year but I thought I'd try hatching eggs this time but it looks my luck may be bad this time.

Keep your eye on your local craigslist.. or maybe even place an ad there... That's where I personally sell mine... and like many other BYC'ers... have seriously obsessed with quality and quarantine so it is truly good stock... but I ONLY pursue as a hobby and don't advertise often, even though I am always watching other livestock and have replied to people looking for JUST what I happened to have. I am equal distance between 3 different locals... Humboldt, Oregon Coast, & Medford. So don't forget to check nearby communities as well.

Of course ya gotta ask the right questions and weed out possible scammers or just poor amateurs... BUT a worthwhile adventure sometimes!

Good luck. :cool:

Any questions that would be good to ask when purchasing local hatching eggs?
What breeds do you keep? Are they separated and pure? When was the last addition to your flock and where did they come from? Any sneezing, wheezing, limping or other symptoms noticed in your flock? How long have you been working with the breed? Are parent stock culled for faults such as comb sprigs or split wing, wrong shank or eye color? Has the rooster ever shown human aggression or attacked? How old are the breeding stock (super young not preferred). What is your personal hatch rate and how do you verify fertility... just for starters! :p

Back
Top Bottom