ISO Muscovy Ducklings

grace4every1

Chirping
May 3, 2019
Franklin, TN
Hi,
I am wanting to purchase a couple of Muscovy Duckling ladies to put in with my hens. Is there anyone out there near Franklin, TN that breeds them and has some ready to go?
Thanks,

Thank you for replying. I was planning on getting two Muscovy ducks to put in with my chicken hens to help with the flies but people have told me not to put them together. I was hoping they could share a coop and run but since I'm being told otherwise I'm going to have to pass on the ducks, as adorable as they are.

Thank you for replying. I was planning on getting two Muscovy ducks to put in with my chicken hens to help with the flies but people have told me not to put them together. I was hoping they could share a coop and run but since I'm being told otherwise I'm going to have to pass on the ducks, as adorable as they are.
It really depends on your run and setup.
I'm raising a mixed flock and not having any problems.
If you have the space and means to provide want the ducks need than its fine...
Many people are doing it

I have a 10x30 foot run with a coop attached to the outside of the first run that supposedly holds 14 to 16 hens, though I would never stuff that many in there. I have 5 happy hens that seem to be content with their run space and coop. I was only wanting to add two duckling hens. I'll attach a picture of their run. Please tell me what you think about adding two ducks to the mix.

Attachments

• DSC02614.JPG
    DSC02614.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
I don't see no reason not to... you would need to provide a duck house,deep water and special food.
They need to be able to atlases get their bell all the way to their nostrils. You can feed a all flock food. Are you locking up your birds at night

I don't see no reason not to... you would need to provide a duck house,deep water and special food.
They need to be able to atlases get their bell all the way to their nostrils. You can feed a all flock food. Are you locking up your birds at night
Can you recommend a good all flock feed that comes in large bags (like 50lb or so)?

Back
Top Bottom