ISO Pigeon eggs

It’s in the last photo in my first post of pictures and in the second photo in my other post. He’s the big white one

It doesn't have full muffed feet but you can definitely see some feathers there. It leads me to believe it's a cross with a clean footed pigeon. The size, the crest, and evidence of feathers on the feet leads me to believe that part of the cross might be a giant Hungarian house pigeon... the rest is anybodies guess. Could be a couple other breeds mixed in... very hard to tell.

@Aaron nassery ....

What he said... Haha!

It doesn't have full muffed feet but you can definitely see some feathers there. It leads me to believe it's a cross with a clean footed pigeon. The size, the crest, and evidence of feathers on the feet leads me to believe that part of the cross might be a giant Hungarian house pigeon... the rest is anybodies guess. Could be a couple other breeds mixed in... very hard to tell.
Yeah he is a very big pigeon! They never sit on their eggs. They always lay eggs but they never sit on them so I started incubating them and so far I’ve gotten 2 out of 4 to hatch but they look nothing like pops. Hopefully they lay soon and i get a monster. He also keeps trying to mate with my male jacobin.

Just wandering if you’ve gotten any eggs yet that you are willing to sell?
.... Funny you say that! I did just get an egg from a hen Portuguese tumbler, but I am waiting to see if she is going to sit on them. She is unmated, but defiantly had a male that would have done the deed. I will let you know what I decide to do, and then we can work something out.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but it sounds like you just have one pigeon--a single hen bird that is laying eggs that are not fertilized. Can I make a suggestion that may make things much easier for you?

Get yourself a cock bird for her.

First, it isn't much more care to take care of 2 pigeons instead of 1.

Second, pigeons thrive on companionship, and she'll be happier.

Third, pigeons take turns incubating and raising young (in fact, the hen stops after they are around 2 weeks old and the cock usually finishes rearing them. Pigeons are great parents, so I don't doubt if you got a fertilized egg and let her incubate and hatch it, should could hatch and raise them, but it is a tough job for her alone, she'd be a single parent doing 100% of the work, and the simple fact is that is not how they do it.

Fourth, it sounds like this will solve your need to find eggs. That process sounds like a pain, unless you found somebody locally. A cock bird will pair with your hen, fertilize her eggs, and help her incubate and raise them. You won't have to worry about getting eggs, helping feed them, etc.

Okay... So, I am not a fan of shipping, but am becoming more and more open to the idea. It is difficult and expensive, but if your willing to put the money in, ill put the effort in.

I have three birds I'm selling. A red bar hen that lands on me, but NO ONE else, so she may take a bit to warm up to someone new.

A "dark bar" hen that is not the nicest, but trusting.

and a young white bird with a dark feather.

I suggest you look locally first, then think about shipping. If your interested in shipping though, I will need you to send me the box. You will pay for the shipping, box, and the birds which will be far cheaper than the shipping and box. Here some that I'm selling. there all homers, out of good stock.

PM me if your interested!
Hi, my daughter has a mated pair of colored pigeons that are infertile. They *love* each other and mate and even take turns sitting on the next (with no egg present). We are interested in buying 2 fertile (or hopefully fertile) eggs and having them shipped to Florida. I know most people would just go buy 2 more birds or other birds but my daughter loves her lovebirds and want them to have their desired squabs! Call me at 352-754-8501 if you are open to shipping a few eggs, thank you.

Hi, my daughter has a mated pair of colored pigeons that are infertile. They *love* each other and mate and even take turns sitting on the next (with no egg present). We are interested in buying 2 fertile (or hopefully fertile) eggs and having them shipped to Florida. I know most people would just go buy 2 more birds or other birds but my daughter loves her lovebirds and want them to have their desired squabs! Call me at 352-754-8501 if you are open to shipping a few eggs, thank you.
I am sorry. I have done research and since I am not NPIP certified (National poultry improvement plan) I can not ship any eggs. I am sorry. Good luck with the birds.

Back
Top Bottom