Israeli Flag Flying In My Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
I certainly agree with you there!

TouchO'Lass :

Quote:
Really? I thought pretty much every state had the right to suceed, but don't all successful states pay the penalty in the form of federal taxes? Maybe not. I've never lived in Texas...

As for flying any state flag at the same level as the US Flag: Picture me throwing an entirely different flag, but I'll just stick with "No comment"...

Quote:
If they're each on their own staff. In the US, the flag is always displayed to the flag's right, or the viewers left...

Please. . . it's "secede," not "succeed." I'm sorry, but that drives me insane. It's not a matter of misspelling, they are two different words.​

Last edited:
Quote:
Q9 - You don't really believe that do you? WOW

Steve

It's a joke.
lol.png
The places around here that fly it tend to be particularly scary.

Quote:
Really? I thought pretty much every state had the right to suceed, but don't all successful states pay the penalty in the form of federal taxes? Maybe not. I've never lived in Texas...

As for flying any state flag at the same level as the US Flag: Picture me throwing an entirely different flag, but I'll just stick with "No comment"...

Quote:
If they're each on their own staff. In the US, the flag is always displayed to the flag's right, or the viewers left...

Please. . . it's "secede," not "succeed." I'm sorry, but that drives me insane. It's not a matter of misspelling, they are two different words.

THANK YOU. (See? I'm not the only spelling Nazi on the BYC forums.)

Quote:
Welcome Home Brother! & AMEN!

There's only one race, & only one earth...wish people would get rid of the reptillian small minded territorial mind...but alas, 'tis ingrained in our evolution...

And there's plenty of completely different countries on Earth, in addition to belief systems that are utterly incompatible. The Earth's separation into multiple countries is a good thing, IMO.

TouchO'Lass :

Quote:
Um... I thought the subtle tease was kinder than a spelling-faux-pas slap, but I guess it's just not that easy to inject tone into a post...
hu.gif

The idea of any state seceding is, to my mind, too ludicrous to entertain. For starters, just imagine all the fencing and border patrol that would be required!

The whole concept reminds me of my last boyfriend: He wanted to wallow in all the benefits and privledges, but didn't want to commit just in case something better came along.

I've met many Texans in my career that were some of the most loyal and patriotic bubbas I ever served with. I find it very hard to believe they would embrace such an idea.

BTW: That should probably be a semi-colon after "misspelling" rather than a comma.
hu.gif
IMHO...​

Quote:
I am so sorry to have been part of this post getting so far off the topic.

I think you did an awesome job of displaying your flags and wish you all the best. And I'm hoping that anyone with issues will actually have the courage to talk it out with you and maybe get some understanding and tolerance.

Best of luck to you and yours!

Quote:

Please. . . it's "secede," not "succeed." I'm sorry, but that drives me insane. It's not a matter of misspelling, they are two different words.

THANK YOU. (See? I'm not the only spelling Nazi on the BYC forums.)

Thats why I have my quote on the bottom saying""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom