Issues at the egg factory.

Feb 20, 2021
Argentina
I have barred rock pullets.

One of them laid her first egg on 4th July and I got the eighth egg this morning. (8 eggs in 10 days). All but the fifth egg were perfect inside, with number five having a spot of blood inside, hopefully not caused by my idiot cockerels constant attempts to make them all into feathered pancakes.

The issue I am concerned with is the shells. They are near bullet proof in terms of strength, but lacking in terms of the color, seeming a bit pale, with a splotch of deep color in one spot, like the paint shop guy is drinking on the job. Today, I got one with a new twist. Same general color tone with obligatory splotch of deeper color, only this time, it includes a sort of white tone, woven in, making the surface resemble marble.

So yay, now I am getting eggs that go well with my kitchen counter top, but was wondering if this is a problem, or just a matter of her still working out the bugs at the factory.

I have barred rock pullets.

One of them laid her first egg on 4th July and I got the eighth egg this morning. (8 eggs in 10 days). All but the fifth egg were perfect inside, with number five having a spot of blood inside, hopefully not caused by my idiot cockerels constant attempts to make them all into feathered pancakes.

The issue I am concerned with is the shells. They are near bullet proof in terms of strength, but lacking in terms of the color, seeming a bit pale, with a splotch of deep color in one spot, like the paint shop guy is drinking on the job. Today, I got one with a new twist. Same general color tone with obligatory splotch of deeper color, only this time, it includes a sort of white tone, woven in, making the surface resemble marble.

So yay, now I am getting eggs that go well with my kitchen counter top, but was wondering if this is a problem, or just a matter of her still working out the bugs at the factory.
When they first start laying there can be a number of "glitches" until they get everything ironed out and working properly. When my OE first started laying I got 18 tiny eggs in a row then she quit laying for almost 3 weeks, when she did lay again her egg was jumbo and has been ever since. Just give them time😉

Attachments

• 20210709_160121.jpg
    20210709_160121.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom