Issues w/ a sale any recourse

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
I purchased some eggs from someone on this site that had an ad up. I realize purchasing eggs is a gamble. However, when I received the eggs they were in less than what I would consider fresh condition. When I received the eggs I candled them to see the condition as when they were picked up from the PO the box was stinking pretty bad due to one cracked egg. I candled all the eggs to see the condition of them and what I saw I was horrified. I'd say about 5-6 of the eggs looked like they had already been partially incubated. In all my years of receiving eggs I have never experienced this. I myself would be embarassed to send eggs in this condition. It looked like some were on the verge of being rotten (the pre incubated ones). Did a float test to check them. I contacted the seller privately in a PM that was on or around 5/30/31 and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. After 4 days of him not getting back to me I finally decided to leave feedback on the eggs and left negative feedback. I also left private feedback asking him how we could remedy the situation and he still hasn't responded. According to your site he hasn't been on in over a week. Should I file a claim/dispute via paypal as that is how I paid for the eggs. I have pics of some of the eggs. I decided to go ahead and incubate as I couldn't just let them sit. I honestly have no confidence of any hatching. If one even hatches I'll be happy. Any suggestions on what to do and how to get in touch w/ the seller to remedy the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom