Issues with Hygrometers

Have you tried using silicone to seal all the seams in the plastic case?

I like to ATV in the mud alot and people are always having problems
with the electrical solenoids on their ATV winches.

I siliconed all the seams and anyplace I thought moisture might get into
and I have never had a problem with my solenoid and boy does it get
wet and muddy!!
lol.png

I have the cheap hygrometer coming to me from WallyWorld. Im glad
I saw ppl were having problems like this with their hygrometers.

Now to find my caulk gun full of silicone, its around here somewhere...
big_smile.png

LB

Last edited:
If you stick just the probe in it will only read the temperature inside of the incubator and the humidity OUTSIDE of the incubator.

This explains my consistently low humidity ratings...
dunce2_narrowweb__300x441,0.jpg

Hi everyone. I read some of these threads and then went to walmart today to buy a hygrometer( assuming it does not come with my incubator a hovabator 1588) which should be arriving in the mail with in the next few weeks. I couldn't find them at walmart, when I asked a worker she just sort of looked at me funny! So I went across the street and bought one at TSC. They didn't have any digital ones, the one I bought is very rudimentary looking. 2 circles one for temp one for humidity. How do I tell if it is accurate once my incubator comes in? Thanks

I tried finding the digital hygrometer/thermometer at WalMart with no luck. Finally gave up and ordered it online from WM and had it shipped - free - to my local store for pick-up. It came within a few days... an option I'll use again if/when I need another one.

GO on ebay and search for cigar hygrometers, or just hygrometer. The cigar models are much better tools than those weather station items, IMHO. Cost? 10-15$

Back
Top Bottom