It’s a boy… right?

Cecisflock

The Backyard Brahmas
Nov 19, 2020
Des Moines, Iowa
I never ever thought I’d have to venture to this section, sometimes I get annoyed at the people post in this section. But here I am. I’ve got a buff Brahma who is nine weeks old on Monday. He/she likes to fight with everybody and has a red comb, but it’s still pretty pinkish and it doesn’t seem to be getting redder. Which is definitely making me doubt. Here are some pictures
image.jpg
3CFB014B-C854-42B6-9A53-BDD6C814DA44.jpeg
9A9EFB8B-7917-48BF-9A79-A39E59BFE8CE.jpeg

Man the truth hurts doesn’t it.
Honestly it's much harder to sex your own! So easy to let bias take affect and I speak from experience with this!! I had four Brahmas who were buff laced and straight run. I assumed that at least one would be a cockerel just due to odds. I kept waiting and waiting and it took me until they were 11 weeks old (I think) to realize they were all pullets. It's just hard once you get an idea about their gender in your head, to get rid of it :)

I'm still going to ride it out as the stages of grief are denial. Even if it is a hen I think it will be supper because it fights with everybody and bites me. we are nice on this farm or you are food, not gonna have it.
Honestly it's much harder to sex your own! So easy to let bias take affect and I speak from experience with this!! I had four Brahmas who were buff laced and straight run. I assumed that at least one would be a cockerel just due to odds. I kept waiting and waiting and it took me until they were 11 weeks old (I think) to realize they were all pullets. It's just hard once you get an idea about their gender in your head, to get rid of it :)
that is so true! I bought these guys as sexed pullets so I just kept denying it I suppose

Back
Top Bottom