It’s about clucking time? :)

Normal. Chickens have different vocal range.
x2... Totally normal. If I could put audio of all of the different noises coming from my flock of 11 you'd crack up. One sounds like elmer fudd, another honks like a goose, there a Kazoo sound, an oboe, saxaphone, it's quite the ragtag kindergarten band of misfits.

My ladies are now about 27 weeks and are all laying. Karen the EE was the first, Henrietta the CQ 2nd, Blue the SOE was 3rd, and Willow the LO is the most recent to start paying rent. Of course Ms. Karen will not be out done and has just upped her game. 😅
FFBFBD84-FF3A-4061-890F-C0D79877901D.jpeg

I'm jealous of your lovely basket of eggs. Only 3 of my girls have decided to resume work after their winter hiatus; two have been laying for about a week, and my Sapphire Gem has produced ONE egg, so far this year.

I'm jealous of your lovely basket of eggs. Only 3 of my girls have decided to resume work after their winter hiatus; two have been laying for about a week, and my Sapphire Gem has produced ONE egg, so far this year.
I’ve read and heard about the delay in egg laying. I was sure getting my girls as pullets in the fall that it would be spring before we saw any eggs. The EE laid her 1st egg the morning of our -37F Polar freeze. 🥶❄️💨 About 2 weeks later the CQ began to lay even with the freezing temps. These two give me 4 eggs each every week consistently. The SOE followed her by about 2 weeks by providing 3-4 a week. The LO started last week, so far 1-2 a week. I guess they are happy with their accommodations, no supplemental heat or light. I do use deep litter in the coop and enclosed run. They get fermented local non-gmo feed and homegrown fodder and probably more treats than they should from my hubby. It’s funny watching them get all excited when he comes outside (yeah! Snack man is here!). Free ranging is limited to weather, a dry area under the pines, and our work schedules (I try to give them at least an hour in the evenings during the week and 2-3 hrs daily on weekends).

03FE0012-5E3B-4B28-B3CD-D983AC367623.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom