It’s about clucking time? :)

JN_CO2022

Chirping
Sep 26, 2022
SE Denver Colorado Suburbs
Hubby finally relented to the whole we need chickens idea. He agreed to hire someone to build a coop since he did not have the time to do so. He then agreed to getting pullets vs chicks because the idea for ‘farm animals’ in the house did not appeal to him. I’m not one to wait for him to change his mind SO, it finally happened! My new girls arrived this afternoon and just in time for nature to throw a fit and bring in high winds and freezing temps. 🥶 Thankfully they will be acclimating by being in the coop to learn their new home.

I caught hubby sneaking out to the coop to give the girls grub treats this evening. I get the feeling he’s going to spoil them.
The kids helped name the girls. Please meet Henrietta (Cinnamon Queen -very docile easy to handle), Blue (Sapphire Olive Egger - cautious of hubby but ate out my hand ), Willow (Lavender Orpington -curious but cautious), Karen (Easter Egger -she’s a bit pushy, busybody one already making her presence known). 🤭

1E2A671C-FCE9-4B76-92E2-FAACADCEDAA4.jpeg
6B19DFC8-3F94-46A6-9EEF-64730F998090.jpeg

Your poor hubby! He had no idea that, to quote an old sci-fi favorite. "resistance is futile."
Chickens have a way of endearing themselves to people.

Yours are beauties!
😂 They were supposed to be my responsibility as he “knows nothing about raising chickens”. Then last night he’s watching chicken videos on YouTube. Cracks me up how opposed he was not so long ago.

Thank you! Ms. Karen is also the bravest, she’s the first to come out of the coop this morning to investigate what I was up to in the run. The others are still unsure but at least they know the coop is their safe place. Update: the rest of the flock finally ventured outside the coop this afternoon with…. Ms. Karen leading the field trip. 🙂

Last edited:
Normal. Chickens have different vocal range.
x2... Totally normal. If I could put audio of all of the different noises coming from my flock of 11 you'd crack up. One sounds like elmer fudd, another honks like a goose, there a Kazoo sound, an oboe, saxaphone, it's quite the ragtag kindergarten band of misfits.

Back
Top Bottom