It almost killed me. Custom small coop

homesteadforage

In the Brooder
May 7, 2017
I am not a handy person. With a rough sketch, blind optimism, and some help with my dad, the monster is 99% complete! I've got four Buff Orpington chicks coming in a week. The rough dimensions are 4x6.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    513.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    381.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    591.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    542.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    522.1 KB · Views: 45
Welcome to BYC!
Congratulations on keeping yourself alive!
You think the coop almost killed ya...just wait until the chicken math hits!

Very nice job!

Chicken math...basically...when you figure out that chickens are just way too cool..and you need more...must have more...must build bigger coop...

You are going to love the buffs. I have one buff and she is the most hilarious chicken. Everyone in my family lives for watching her goofy run. Good job on the coop! I also predict you will quickly outgrow your first coop. I did.

You are going to love the buffs. I have one buff and she is the most hilarious chicken. Everyone in my family lives for watching her goofy run. Good job on the coop! I also predict you will quickly outgrow your first coop. I did.

Thanks a lot! I hear they're good with kids and I have a one year old I hope will grow up enjoying the girls. I hope I don't outgrow it, I don't have another building project in me for a couple of years!

I am not a handy person. With a rough sketch, blind optimism, and some help with my dad, the monster is 99% complete! I've got four Buff Orpington chicks coming in a week. The rough dimensions are 4x6.
:welcome Looks good and like a bit of work I would cover the floor with something . Linoleum or something . I use old rubber and vinyl roofing in mine and then shavings or hay. Makes it easier to clean . But you can use plastic or old swimming pool liners make good floor covers .

Back
Top Bottom