Pics
Amazing! Chicken looks like a Copper Maran to me, we’ve had several of that breed.
Someone else mentioned that and shared pics of their BEAUTIFUL blue copper marans... it seems like Zoingo is a little "lighter" in the gray areas, and no feather leggies for her, either! I had no idea blue copper marans existed until recently. They are quite lovely!

Zoingo is bananas with her eggs. She did another double yolk today at 110g. I held it in my hand and stared at it for a second like... just how... does it come out intact.... . . .
:eek:
:eek::eek: We NEED to see a pic of that bad boy!!!!!!! WOW that is just HUGE! I could not imagine!

A dozen a week is AWESOME with 3 laying girls this time of year!

It's interesting about their egg size change... I noticed this in the past week with a few of my girls as well. They laid some eggs quite a bit smaller than they had been trending... I wonder if it's just a new layer thing or an any-age normal type thing!
Well Annabelle did another 3 in a row instead of her normal 2 days in a row! And today she went in the coop a few times but I wasn't expecting her to lay but I kept peeking, then one of the times I saw her jump out of the box so zoomed in and thought it was an egg in there but thinking it may have been a shaving so looked at video of when she went in and it was only like 5-8 min before she jumped out so figured it wasn't an egg but went to check anyways. Imagine my surprise that it was an egg! that was FAST! LOL And Hummer took 2 days off so far..... instead of her every other day. She went from 6 in a row (the very rare 7 in a row) to now every other day or less. The other girls are still going strong.

And the Brahma's are still slacking and not laying. I checked Marshmallow the other day and she feels quite separated to me but then again she did when I checked her way back when too. Oh well guess they will lay at some point. LMAO!

Ya it is odd on the egg no clue if normal if they lay in the winter? or new layer thing or what. Nuggets and Annabelle were pretty much normal today at 48 and 49g. LOL

it was only like 5-8 min before she jumped out so figured it wasn't an egg but went to check anyways. Imagine my surprise that it was an egg!
WOW!!! How very efficient of her! And how wonderful that all 3 girls gave you eggs today :celebrate

And the Brahma's are still slacking and not laying.
They usually start to lay a bit on the later side than most breeds, right? Have they shown any interest in the coop/nest boxes at all?

Here is a pic of today's eggs with Zoingos new monster egg
20211209_162304.jpg

Zoingos egg next to Moon's (57g)egg today
20211209_162415.jpg

And the giant egg trying to camouflage itself in the egg basket... its not working LOL
20211209_162549.jpg

WOW!!! How very efficient of her! And how wonderful that all 3 girls gave you eggs today :celebrate

They usually start to lay a bit on the later side than most breeds, right? Have they shown any interest in the coop/nest boxes at all?

Here is a pic of today's eggs with Zoingos new monster egg
View attachment 2923784

Zoingos egg next to Moon's (57g)egg today
View attachment 2923785

And the giant egg trying to camouflage itself in the egg basket... its not working LOL
View attachment 2923786
Wow so pretty and massive!!!! Wow moons are 57g? Nice, they have gotten so big.

I have read 6-7 mo for Brahmas. Mine just turned 8 mo.... Lol. They have gone in the coop here and there but not often, like once or twice one week, then not go in for a few weeks, etc so don't think so much because they are near laying so no real interest. Lol.

And only 2 eggs today. Hummer took her 2nd day in a row off....

Wow so pretty and massive!!!! Wow moons are 57g? Nice, they have gotten so big.

I have read 6-7 mo for Brahmas. Mine just turned 8 mo.... Lol. They have gone in the coop here and there but not often, like once or twice one week, then not go in for a few weeks, etc so don't think so much because they are near laying so no real interest. Lol.

And only 2 eggs today. Hummer took her 2nd day in a row off....
Uff. I totally misread! Was thinking Hummer and Nugget laid the 48 and 49g! Oopsie. Annabelle has such a good size egg already!

Zoingo lays 70g normally, Moon and Sunny have slowly been getting bigger in the high 50s, and Silver and Blackie's eggs are low 60s.

The other girls are mostly still hanging out in the low to mid 40s range.

I wonder if Marshmallow will make a surprise egg when you don't expect it... it might be less torturous than anticipating it nonstop.

Catelyn (Prairie Bluebell Egger) has been teasing me terribly. She has for over a month now been going in and out of nest boxes and spends SO MUCH TIME in the coop everyday. Everytime I see it I'm like... just stay in there and lay an egg pleaseeeee just do ittttttt. She is the same age as Ginger, who started like a week ago. The Midnight Majesty Marans are also the same age (they were all shipping buddies)... and the MMMs have also been nest hopping, but not nearly as much as Catelyn. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Uff. I totally misread! Was thinking Hummer and Nugget laid the 48 and 49g! Oopsie. Annabelle has such a good size egg already!

Zoingo lays 70g normally, Moon and Sunny have slowly been getting bigger in the high 50s, and Silver and Blackie's eggs are low 60s.

The other girls are mostly still hanging out in the low to mid 40s range.

I wonder if Marshmallow will make a surprise egg when you don't expect it... it might be less torturous than anticipating it nonstop.

Catelyn (Prairie Bluebell Egger) has been teasing me terribly. She has for over a month now been going in and out of nest boxes and spends SO MUCH TIME in the coop everyday. Everytime I see it I'm like... just stay in there and lay an egg pleaseeeee just do ittttttt. She is the same age as Ginger, who started like a week ago. The Midnight Majesty Marans are also the same age (they were all shipping buddies)... and the MMMs have also been nest hopping, but not nearly as much as Catelyn. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Honestly at this point I think Marshmallow and Rosie are going to wait until the days get longer again. I just happened to be in the run with them and she got close enough for me to grab her so I figured why not. haahaa. But I haven't been "waiting" for them or anything. I figure they are going to freeload for another couple of months. Same with Ditzy and Fajita since they show zero signs of being any where near close. They have like zero wattles and not much of a comb still. LOL But hey that is ok at least then I will have them all laying at different times so maybe they will lay a bit longer than the others etc. :)

wow your girls all have big eggs well compared to mine. haahaa. Mine feel "huge" at 53g. :)

Oh naughty Catelyn I hope she lays soon for you. Those eggs are going to be so pretty! That teasing is no fun at all! wow you have a whole new group getting ready to lay how exciting! I was laughing when after about 5 days I had gotten 8 eggs and all I could think of was WOW Mocha got this many in ONE day! I could not imagine! How many do you get in a week now?

But hey that is ok at least then I will have them all laying at different times so maybe they will lay a bit longer than the others etc
I think not only will they lay longer, but also bigger eggs. I remember reading somewhere that delayed onset of lay resulted in much bigger eggs overall. Maybe they will start in the early spring and give you giant delicious eggs!!!

Mine feel "huge" at 53g
Speedy(RIR x SLW) was my 3rd to start laying and I'm lucky if she hits 44g 🤦🏼‍♀️ I think hers will just stay small. When she came out of molt, her first egg was 29g LOL... but she does lay 6 eggs a week regularly so that's fine. I tell you who really has surprised me is Dottie(Barred Rock)... she has laid an egg everyday for the last 19 days... MAYBE more, but that's when I started using Flockstar so, yeah. She spends 20 minutes in the box and then goes on with her day - EVERYDAY. It kinda freaks me out cause I feel like they need days off you know??

Oh naughty Catelyn I hope she lays soon for you. Those eggs are going to be so pretty!
I can hardly wait to see them. They should be a light powdery blue kind of color. She also has a chance of laying brown though... so we will see... maybe tomorrow :gig

How many do you get in a week now?
Oh my... I just looked over the past 3 weeks... and I am averaging 62 eggs a week :eek:

Back
Top Bottom