It is illegal to import Ayam Cemani eggs from Indonesia

DCchicken

Songster
6 Years
Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I am getting a little tired of seeing people that illegally import eggs from Cemani Farms in Indonesia.

From the USDA website:

ADVISORY: Until further notice, live avian commodities (including eggs for hatching) from the following countries or regions have been prohibited entry to the United States due to the presence of highly pathogenic avian influenza: Afghanistan, Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Djibouti, Egypt, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire), Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Libya, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Autonomous Territories, People's Republic of China, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Sudan, Taipei Chinese/Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
So please stop sending money to Cemani Farms and other Indonesian breeders that tell you that they can ship you hatching eggs to the United States. You are breaking the law and no different than drug smugglers if you illegally import eggs from Indonesia. You can get fined and risk jail time. No permit will ever me issued for that import. The Indonesian breeder is lying to you if you think you can pull one over on Customs and the USDA. Why would they care if you go to jail or lose your farm? They have your money and are probably laughing at all those people that tried and had their eggs confiscated.

So my question is, why are people still sending money to Cemani Farms and other Indonesia dealers and trying to illegally import hatching eggs.

It is illegal and you risk spreading AI to flocks here.

Back
Top Bottom