It is too warm for it to be DECEMBER tomorrow!

I'm in California and it's 78* right now.
th.gif

It's always to hot in November in Florida."christmas day can be 80-=85 degrees" pathetic.....................
I still don't know why people move here to retire? I had to move here 25 years ago, and can't escape.
In the next 5 years my kids will be grown and gone, so Dh and I can move. I have been waiting to get out of here for more then 1/2 my life.

I know, the weather's been acting weirdly recently all of a sudden!

It's December 1st today and temperatures aren't rising above 25*C. I've been shivering all morning.
tongue.png

Usually temps have hit mid-thirties a long time before now!

lorain's fids :

It has been warmer than usual here in New Jersey for late November. I am not complaining one bit. But it did seem odd putting up the Christmas decorations outside with no jacket on.

That's what I'm talking about lol. I was thinking the other day "well I should decorate the outside tree while it's still warm" because I usually wait until it's so cold my frozen fingers fall right off my hand!​

Last year it was so cold and we had an unusual amount of snow that all the animals were locked up well into April. I'm hoping it means we will have a mild winter, wouldn't that be grand?
lol.png

Quote:
I lived in AZ during high school (30 years ago) and I remember those warm days. My father had me take a picture of him cutting the grass (before he went with all desert rock in the yard) on Christmas eve so he could send it back to all the relatives in MA. (I don't think they were that impressed though
gig.gif
)

Quote:
I never really minded the cold or snow until I got chickens about 9 years ago. The first winter when I had to replace water several times a day was the last time I did THAT. The next winter I bought the metal waterer heaters and have used them ever since. Of course in those days I had one chicken coop and 6 chickens
lol.png
NOW, I've got 5 coops and 27 chickens and 9 ducks
tongue.png
It takes a half hour for DH to snow blow paths to everyone so I can check on them and give them food/water.

eta: what I was originally going to say was while I love New England wouldn't it be perfect to live somewhere where the year round temps were in the 60s???

Last edited:
Quote:
I am still harvesting broccoli and carrots.... Global warming maybe, but I am loving it as I sit in a tee-shirt. It won't last you know it... Get the shovel ready, The drifts will probably be 12 feet high by January!

Last edited:
Quote:
I am still harvesting broccoli and carrots.... Global warming maybe, but I am loving it as I sit in a tee-shirt. It won't last you know it... Get the shovel ready, The drifts will probably be 12 feet high by January!

WOW still harvesting veggies? What state do you live in cuz I thought MA was the cranberry capitol? Oh I know it won't last and the shovels are already cuz we used them in October for a 12" WET snowstorm but thankfully that snow was all gone within a week. Of course the 60 degree temps helped that to happen.

eta: oops! I just saw you live in Carver which of course is cranberry country lol!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom