It is too warm for it to be DECEMBER tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sianara, Nov 30, 2011.

1. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    This is the first time in many years that I ever remember it being this warm in November. In New England, we have had temps in the 50s and 60s all Fall and tomorrow it is DECEMBER. I'm not complaining, mind you but even with that freak snow storm we had in October it just doesn't feel like tomorrow is going to be December. I'm happy it is mainly because all the animals can still go out in their netted yards and I haven't had to plug in the water heaters yet (there's nothing like frozen drinking/swimming water to contend with). I guess all you lucky, southern folks are used to this [​IMG] but I believe us poultry owning northerners are running around gleefully [​IMG] for the most part [​IMG]

So, just to make this interesting, post in what your normal winter temperatures are like and what kind of snow fall you get (other countries are welcome to post too!)...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Im in florida!!!! Normally its in the 60's all threw november. Its has been staying high 70's even 80's and not droping down! Today has been the first cool day where it is in the 60's like it should be.

3. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    I love it! Its been warm enough here that the birds water isn't freezing all the way through. I had to pack water all November-December last year and also in January/February, but this year I'm still just going out in the mornings and breaking the ice which is usually very thin.
    Its 36° right now.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  4. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Rite know it's cold but it was really hot for weeks. LOL

5. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in Maine... LoL I think you can figure out it's like Alaska here.

But lately it's been getting warmer. We had a few inches of snow last week but it's all gone and today it's 60*F and raining.

[​IMG] [​IMG] I'm enjoying the warm weather!

6. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    It has been warmer than usual here in New Jersey for late November. I am not complaining one bit. But it did seem odd putting up the Christmas decorations outside with no jacket on.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    10 inches of snow in October, last three days above 70 degrees, you are right, l fids, it's some crazy weather here in NJ.

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

It's 59 right now! :O This is the warmest day since September! hahah

Can't wait to go home and be outside with my chickens and ducks! [​IMG]

9. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Its 41° and mostly sunny such a perfect day! My kids are sad there's no snow though.

10. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

It's pretty chilly here, maybe about 45-50 at most. I'm in the Sierras Nevadas in northern/central California, about half way between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe.

It's about pretty normal here for this time of year, though maybe a couple of degrees chillier. The summers, springs, and falls have certainly been chillier/milder in the last 4-5 years than, like, EVER. We also got more snow last winter than anyone up here in these parts can remember. We are anticipating it dropping into the teens here at night, which is cold for me. I get cold easily--I start dressing in long sleeves and/or layers when the temps get below 70! We're in the 40s-50s, and I'm sitting here thinking, "I miss having a fireplace."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by