It`s day 21 and.........nothing!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shylasgarden, Mar 19, 2009.

1. shylasgarden

shylasgarden Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Well 10a.m. this morning was day 21, been looking in the bator all day and there`s just nothing to see! I`m going crazy with worry! There`s nothing, no pip, no peep, no rocking, nothing. Temps and all have been great with no fluctuations, oh, this is so nerve racking, I know I`ll get no sleep tonight. Shouldn`t there be something??

2. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal
    Just wait...no harm in waiting, much harm in not waiting.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    what breed(s) are in there?

some are pokier than others.
    just because you don't see anything happening, don't assume it isn't. they could be pipping on the bottom and you cannot see it.

give them at least 24 more hours. [​IMG]

4. shylasgarden

shylasgarden Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I have Silver Laced Wyandottes in the bator. Pipping on the bottom? I put the eggs in the egg cartons so how could they get out if they were pipping on the bottom? (I probably sound pretty dumb, heck I am I guess when it comes to this..lol..)

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:doesn't sound dumb to me.

didn't know you had them in cartons. they are probably just taking their time.

what is your humidity at?

6. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    also the temp ig the temp was running low it can delay the hatch even up to a couple days well good luck i will be watching for an update

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by