It sounds like a Star Wars battle in my garage!

xxSonja

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Australia
Had to move all my buttons cages into my big 6car garage/machinary/storage shed since its been raining non stop for about 3 days and its been super windy.
So now i have 7 cages and a brooder full of youngings all making noise in the almost empty shed.
And all i can hear is ' pew' 'pew' 'pew pew pew' 'peep' 'peep' 'whaaaop' <the adult males puffing growl thing they do lol not sure exactly how you'd write that lol
and its being repeated loudly over and over, plus its echoing lol
It just makes me think of those laser gun battles in star wars and other space movies.

Awwww. I just moved most of my button quail OUT of my garage. I miss hearing them in there. I could hear them throughout most of the house. Now, all but six button quail & the coturnix (plus the young'uns in the basement) are in their own special "bird room" off the back of my house. They seem to feel MUCH more secure out there, for some reason.

Funny that you would use "Star Wars battle" to describe their sounds -- I have been saying to myself that they sound like aliens!

A few weeks ago my power went out and the male buttons decided to growl and make their wind sounds...It was Halloween too soon here
lau.gif

It was kind of creepy as I never had all of them do it at one time .

Quote:
lol yes run! Run from the tiny adorable bumble bee sized killer bird! Lol

I can imagine it might freak someone out if they heard a male growl in the dark and didnt know what it was lol

Quote:
lol yes run! Run from the tiny adorable bumble bee sized killer bird! Lol

I can imagine it might freak someone out if they heard a male growl in the dark and didnt know what it was lol

Were you snooping in my house when mine first did that? About gave my dad a heart attack!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom