It sounds like a Star Wars battle in my garage!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by xxSonja, Oct 11, 2010.

1. xxSonja

xxSonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Australia
    Had to move all my buttons cages into my big 6car garage/machinary/storage shed since its been raining non stop for about 3 days and its been super windy.
    So now i have 7 cages and a brooder full of youngings all making noise in the almost empty shed.
    And all i can hear is ' pew' 'pew' 'pew pew pew' 'peep' 'peep' 'whaaaop' <the adult males puffing growl thing they do lol not sure exactly how you'd write that lol
    and its being repeated loudly over and over, plus its echoing lol
    It just makes me think of those laser gun battles in star wars and other space movies.

2. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Awwww. I just moved most of my button quail OUT of my garage. I miss hearing them in there. I could hear them throughout most of the house. Now, all but six button quail & the coturnix (plus the young'uns in the basement) are in their own special "bird room" off the back of my house. They seem to feel MUCH more secure out there, for some reason.

3. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Funny that you would use "Star Wars battle" to describe their sounds -- I have been saying to myself that they sound like aliens!

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    A few weeks ago my power went out and the male buttons decided to growl and make their wind sounds...It was Halloween too soon here [​IMG]

It was kind of creepy as I never had all of them do it at one time .

5. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:to me when they are wet out of the egg they look a lot like aliens

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    "It's Alive!" RUN! [​IMG]

7. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

8. xxSonja

Dec 2, 2009
    Australia
    Quote:lol yes run! Run from the tiny adorable bumble bee sized killer bird! Lol

I can imagine it might freak someone out if they heard a male growl in the dark and didnt know what it was lol

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:lol yes run! Run from the tiny adorable bumble bee sized killer bird! Lol

I can imagine it might freak someone out if they heard a male growl in the dark and didnt know what it was lol

Were you snooping in my house when mine first did that? About gave my dad a heart attack! [​IMG]

10. xxSonja

Dec 2, 2009
    Australia
    [​IMG] Thats hilarious! I wish i had been there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by