It this normal?

Not until today. i moved them this afternoon. i literally have a baby in my hand connected with all this gross stuff and the shell with no clue what im going to do. i feel pretty horrible and upset right now

Not until today. i moved them this afternoon. i literally have a baby in my hand connected with all this gross stuff and the shell with no clue what im going to do. i feel pretty horrible and upset right now
Can you post a pic of it?

Sounds like you are doing a great job. Sometime the goo comes away with the chick instead of staying in the egg shell, it's ok, it will come off in time, just don't pull it.

i had to cull one for the first time that was malpositioned in the egg his beak was nest to his stomach. afterwards when i checked to see why it happened i saw the head next to the yolk and the wing in front of the beak. i left it for a long long time and watched its breath slow really down to the point it would stop breathing and start again..so i thought it was best to look it up and cull it. it was upsetting

I zoomed in on this pic and it looks like there is only a thin cord connecting the gunk to the duckling's navel? Check if there is any blood vessels in that area, tie if off with something sterile, dental floss if you have any on hand, and cut off the gunk.

i had to cull one for the first time that was malpositioned in the egg his beak was nest to his stomach. afterwards when i checked to see why it happened i saw the head next to the yolk and the wing in front of the beak. i left it for a long long time and watched its breath slow really down to the point it would stop breathing and start again..so i thought it was best to look it up and cull it. it was upsetting
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom