It VIOLATED my space...Now it must go!!!!UPDATE!!HELP!!OMG????

Quote:
We must not have them here at all...but fishers sound like amazing animals. The comments ALL say the audio is a fox, not a fisher...so now I'm dying to know what a fisher sounds like!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

X2 on the advice too.

I've had that at my cabin many times in the spring and early summer... sounds like a screaming woman or a hurt child or sometimes a howler monkey with it's tail caught in a fan belt . It can be a little unnerving the first time you hear it till you track it down... then you kick off the safety and are really nervous till you can get clear of the immediate area. I'm suprised the northerners and the oldtimers haven't spoke up and nailed it yet.....
pop.gif
this is kinda fun reading

And I think you can relax a little, I don't think it's your chicken killer - you can tell when one of these get a hold of a coop full of birds

Last edited:
Quote:
You should have been a mouse in my house last nite, (seeins' how you think this is fun to read) I can't even imagine, and looking back hours later and discussing it all day...I am laughing my butt off and my stupid scaredy pants butt!!! But, never-the-less, it is still daytime and all is well, life is norm...until nightfall....
hit.gif
!!! I honestly hope that whatever it is comes back....I want the BF to hear it, I didn't wake him last nite, as I thought it was just something caught in trap and would be there in the morn.....but nooooo, now I so wish I had woken him up. So, as this has been my talk today...ya know....(I have told every one all about my experience) I am also getting that it could be a porcupine???? I to am surprised that I haven't gotten something more from the older "WISER/Northerners" But I do know, I have never, never heard something so shrilling....and yeppers as if I weren't already...ummmm...unfond of darkness (for lack of embarrassment) now this..... I do fear tonites darkness and am second guessing resetting the trap....crazy, huh??? (Scaredy britches talking)...not so sure I want to find out....but I know I need to....I wanna but don't. I sooo don't want to have another nite like the last....it was horrible, and at one point, I remember thinking, it is ripping my chicks to shreds...oh, it is sooo horrible, as if seeing the bear across the road wasn't bad enough to make me want to bring my birds back in.....I can tell you....I want to now...I can guarantee they will be tucked in early, before dusk this eve....and my scaredy pants will be locked inside.....don't care if it is 100* or hotter in this here house...I will so be under the covers, just my eyeballs peeking out....not a stir...until I see the light of tomorrow morn!!!!!
Greenleggedhatch Hmmm.... I really don't know about them....could be....but are they that awful???
Bev in Nevada Isn't that the truth....it was sorta like that....but more intense and much more drawn out....and very loud!!!

I really do thank all of you for the input here....I will keep you all posted....one way or another....I hope to find out what in the world it was!!! Thanks again for all of your help, enjoy your day, nightfall is only around the corner!!!! EECCKKK!!!!

Quote:
Ditto. Territorial battle screeching. I've heard it many times.

Have heard those dawg53 heading to a deer stand or duck blind in pitch black .
ep.gif
That screech owl will get the heart a pumping and make the hair stand up on the back of your neck .
th.gif

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to say Fisher cat. They have the most ungodly scream, it'll make your hair curl!
hide.gif
& w/ the paw prints you took pics of, I wouldn't say its a panther. Im not sure where you live, but I have Fisher's in my woods & even tho I know when they are around, their screams still shake me to the core.
Good luck tonight, I hope the BF can figure out what it is!!

Quote:
Yeah...the paw prints were from the previous nite, and I think are coon or possum. But....whatever that thing was last night.....be it fisher cat, panther, porpupine, screech owl, fox or whatever makes those scary noises...can just stay away!!! There were NO fresh tracks in the mud this am after the big ruckus...but it sure was CLOSE!!! I just knew it was something trapped in my trap, and it's friends were coming to get me!!!Now I must face darkness....not knowing!!! However, til I know what it was...darkness will be from within the walls of this house, peeking through the barely separated mini blinds!!!!(That would be...just enough for me to see out, but whatever is out there to not see in!!) The BF says what won't get you in the daytime, won't get you at nighttime.....my answer...."AT LEAST I CAN SEE IT COMING!"
bryan99705 : That almost sounds logical or possible....I am sure there was only one of whatever it was....screaming, and it was so as if whatever was in a life threatening situation...like my box trap!!! Just shrilling...not to mention...scarey!!!!
GLBRWyans : Thanks!!! I wish I could....believe me!!!

Back
Top Bottom