It's 80 degrees out -- and I'm BAKING!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by The Chicken Lady, Jun 15, 2009.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    DH and I wanted some of those famous Gumpbread cinnamon rolls... [​IMG]

They're currently rising on top of the warm stove.

It's 80 degrees outside, but we don't mind. Mmm, homemade cinnamon rolls.

Who else is crazy enough to bake in the heat? [​IMG]

2. TXmom

TXmom Songster

It's only 80 there...that sounds niiiiiiice. [​IMG] That would be a cold front here.

Cinnamon rolls sound yummy, enjoy!!!

3. big greg barker

big greg barker Songster

Oct 26, 2008
    central maine
    Ok, go ahead, rub it in.. I spent the day building a tractor for the garden today. In the rain. All day. Making mud. In the rain. All day.
    BTW, what is a gumpbread cinnamon roll? D.S.O. doesn't let me make cinnamon rolls any more after we ate the all of the last batch I made in one evening........

4. PeggySue

PeggySue Songster

Jun 1, 2009
    I am! But I prefer using my gas grill out on the patio instead of my gas oven in the house!![​IMG]

5. The Chicken Lady

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:A Gumpbread cinnamon roll is what you get when you combine Gumpsgirl's delicious white bread recipe with MissPrissy's delectable dessert temptation-ness. Quite a few BYCers were making these this past January and February. [​IMG]

The original Gumpbread recipe (Gumpsgirl's recipe) is amazing all sorts of ways. You ought to try it; it's super-easy and doesn't require too many ingredients.

6. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They sound divine. I actually contemplated making orange rolls yesterday but it was too hot and I decided to make orange juice instead for DH's breakfast. Darn, now I wish I would have made the rolls instead.

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:A Gumpbread cinnamon roll is what you get when you combine Gumpsgirl's delicious white bread recipe with MissPrissy's delectable dessert temptation-ness. Quite a few BYCers were making these this past January and February. [​IMG]

The original Gumpbread recipe (Gumpsgirl's recipe) is amazing all sorts of ways. You ought to try it; it's super-easy and doesn't require too many ingredients.

Can I come over and be a taste tester? [​IMG]

8. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Say, chuck some of those rolls across the pond!

I baked Hamb. buns myself today so running the oven when it is 80 is not uncommon in this house!!!

9. The Chicken Lady

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    You guys should totally try making this yourselves; it's so easy! (Plus, you'd have to beat DH to the pan, and I don't think you guys will win -- he has a shorter distance to run to the kitchen). Hee hee!

I used the Cinnabon cream cheese icing recipe. Mmmm...!!

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    yer killing me here... I am a fat man, and I love my sweets, I actually put my oreos down to try reading this recipe....... yer going to be the death of me!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: