It's 80 degrees out -- and I'm BAKING!

The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
DH and I wanted some of those famous Gumpbread cinnamon rolls...
smile.png

They're currently rising on top of the warm stove.

It's 80 degrees outside, but we don't mind. Mmm, homemade cinnamon rolls.

Who else is crazy enough to bake in the heat?
smile.png

Ok, go ahead, rub it in.. I spent the day building a tractor for the garden today. In the rain. All day. Making mud. In the rain. All day.
BTW, what is a gumpbread cinnamon roll? D.S.O. doesn't let me make cinnamon rolls any more after we ate the all of the last batch I made in one evening........

I am! But I prefer using my gas grill out on the patio instead of my gas oven in the house!!
wink.png

Quote:
A Gumpbread cinnamon roll is what you get when you combine Gumpsgirl's delicious white bread recipe with MissPrissy's delectable dessert temptation-ness. Quite a few BYCers were making these this past January and February.
smile.png

The original Gumpbread recipe (Gumpsgirl's recipe) is amazing all sorts of ways. You ought to try it; it's super-easy and doesn't require too many ingredients.

They sound divine. I actually contemplated making orange rolls yesterday but it was too hot and I decided to make orange juice instead for DH's breakfast. Darn, now I wish I would have made the rolls instead.

Quote:
A Gumpbread cinnamon roll is what you get when you combine Gumpsgirl's delicious white bread recipe with MissPrissy's delectable dessert temptation-ness. Quite a few BYCers were making these this past January and February.
smile.png

The original Gumpbread recipe (Gumpsgirl's recipe) is amazing all sorts of ways. You ought to try it; it's super-easy and doesn't require too many ingredients.

Can I come over and be a taste tester?
smile.png

Say, chuck some of those rolls across the pond!

I baked Hamb. buns myself today so running the oven when it is 80 is not uncommon in this house!!!

yer killing me here... I am a fat man, and I love my sweets, I actually put my oreos down to try reading this recipe....... yer going to be the death of me!!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom