Its a 911 duck emergency

:hithello everyone my names stephanie. I love dying project and my animals. I joined to find 911 emergency help for my khaki Campbell female adult duck whom I was told has a niacin Def. But even thought I give her a b comp she's still not getting better. Mo help someone
Hi Stephanie

How is your khaki Campbell doing now? You said she is adult, but how old is she?

What symptoms does she have, and how long has she had tge symptoms?

Who said she is niacin deficient?

What Vit B are you giving her and how are you giving it?

If she is niacin deficient, and I cannot know that without more information, she will need Durvet High Level Vit B Complex that you get from a feed store or online from Amazon. It's says injection on the bottle, but we give it orally for ducks. She would need 1ml everyday until her symptoms resolve and then she should be maintained on nutritional yeast or brewer's yeast sprinkled on her feed.

The 1ml durvet can be soaked into a few mealworms or a few crumbles and you should watch her eat to make sure she eats the full dose

Good luck

hello i’m sorry your duck is unwell. please answer the questions above. to me it sounds like you just gave her one b complex tablet?
this is the liquid b complex

Attachments

• DE74F29E-3A0D-477F-B9B8-449A16E9BFF4.jpeg
    DE74F29E-3A0D-477F-B9B8-449A16E9BFF4.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom