Its a... SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChickLover98

The Chicken Princess
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Pennsylvania
Today we had a SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png
lol.png
tongue.png

Who else had a snow day?

We do here in NE Ohio. I would have made it a snow day even if schools didn't. I just tried to shovel the snow/ice drive,but was only able to make a path to the chickens.Later I will make a path to the mailbox,and a path back-2 spots cleared for the car tires,lol.Good enough! Maybe the rain tonight will wash away some of the snow before it freezes. I am down to half a small bag of salt.

Yup. Its sooooooo slippery! Its was a pain going out this morning to help my grandma feed! I stay at her house on Tuesdays because of my mom's meetings, so I usually get extra BYC time on Tuesdays!

Our kids have a snow day too. The storm is suposed to hit here later today, but they called school off just to be safe...did'nt hurt my feelings any either...since I work at the school too...I get a snow day too!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

The kids are excited...they have never seen a really bad snow storm. The most snow we have had in the last 15 years is 8 inches at one time. We are looking at possibly 2 feet or more. We live in the country and have a lane that is 1/8 of a mile long...we could be snowed in awhile. Got the generator ready to go and the skid loader fueled up ready to make paths to the barns. I just hope we don't lose power. Two years ago in that big ice storm we lost power and were without power for 6 days...that was horrible. You really don't know how dependant you are on modern convienences until they don't work!
Stay warm & safe,
Christie
big_smile.png

Yup. When my mom was in college, she said one time it snowed so much noone could leave he building cause the snow buried the cars.

Look, you should feel bad about missing school and all that learning. Instead you're sitting around reading post by people sharing their collective ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom