It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play

Do you think I should stop making such long stories?

• Yep, just stop.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, I enjoy it.

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
"I wasn't saying you would be her consort, silly child, I was suggesting that you might offer her your ear. After the king has gotten himself dead, the princess left in a huff to who knows where. Just talk to her. That's all Rayko. Like I said, she needs friends more than anything now."
Magatha laughed a little. Her old self didn't get to see much young person drama anymore, so she found his discomfort rather entertaining, but she didn't want to hurt his feelings.
" Rayko, you are one of her most loyal subjects. Who could be a better ear to the Queen on her time of need?" She placed a shaky hand on his shoulder.

"I wasn't saying you would be her consort, silly child, I was suggesting that you might offer her your ear. After the king has gotten himself dead, the princess left in a huff to who knows where. Just talk to her. That's all Rayko. Like I said, she needs friends more than anything now."
Magatha laughed a little. Her old self didn't get to see much young person drama anymore, so she found his discomfort rather entertaining, but she didn't want to hurt his feelings.
" Rayko, you are one of her most loyal subjects. Who could be a better ear to the Queen on her time of need?" She placed a shaky hand on his shoulder.

Rayko sighed softly and looked to the chickens as he thought of how to explain himself. "Being a loyal subject is one thing. Being a friend and confidant is entirely another. I'm terrible at friendships, my lady. Why do you think I throw myself into my vow as the night watchman? By doing so, I fight my very nature to serve my queen, for I'm not a nocturnal bird. I seek the solitude it offers during the day while I sleep. Sure, I put on a grand show, but I'm awkward around most." He glanced to Martha again, before looking down at his hands, as he wrapped a blade of grass around his index finger nervously.

Last edited:
Rayko sighed softly and looked to the chickens as he thought of how to explain himself. "Being a loyal subject is one thing. Being a friend and confidant is entirely another. I'm terrible at friendships, my lady. Why do you think I throw myself into my vow as the night watchman? By doing so, I fight my very nature to serve my queen, for I'm not a nocturnal bird. I seek the solitude it offers during the day while I sleep. Sure, I put on a grand show, but I'm awkward around most." He glanced to Martha again, before looking down at his hands, as he wrapped a blade of grass around his index finger nervously.

" You are simply running away from your past. If you keep running, Rayko, you will never conquer your fears. I'll grant that you have done a fine job as the night watchman, but just try and think about it, alright?"
Magatha liked Rayko a lot. He was such a polite young man, and both he and the Queen deserved happiness. She was sure his straightforward honesty and devotion was just the refreshing change the Queen needed after her previous acquaintances, but it was up to him to decide.

Back
Top Bottom