It's day 23 & no signs of eggs hatching.

Quote:
I would try this, but I'm afraid to keep them out of the bator for too long. But if you think It wouldn't hurt I might try it. This is our first time doing this. I don't think I was this anxious when I had my boys.
he.gif

Quote:
A hen will usually get off the eggs for 30 minutes to an hour each day.. During lockdown not so much but it takes a while for the inside of the egg to cool down.. So, if it take you 4 or 5 minutes to try to see anything, don't worry about it..
smile.png
Keeping out fingers crossed for you and your boys...
fl.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I have had the same problem recently- fill a deep bowl with warm water and place the egg in the water (only if not pipped) If it moves- It is still alive.-WORKS GREAT!!!

It's day 25 & still nothing. Put one in water and I'm pretty sure it moved, but not positive on that. Can anyone tell me what the latest day is I should wait? Does anyone know if there is a way to get them to hatch? Or if after the last day I might could start one and see if it lives? I hate the waiting and worrying.

If you start the egg-it probably wont live- I have tried it. there is no way to get them to hatch if they havent pipped- I would wait about 2 more days= They may have shrink wrapped in there-and died. I have had problems before with that-My hydrometer was wayyyy off. If you did the float test on all of them and did not see movement-I am pretty sure they are gone.... At this point- My opinion- I would flat test them all-

I have some questions also: Candling is very hard on green eggs, especially when looking for a bubble...What if you don't see an air space at the fat end of the egg?? Even on some of my light brown ones, all I see is dark when candled.... no air space at all... ???

I also would like to know: What does the warm water test do? Is it making sure the humidity for the eggs is at a good level? or?

the warm water test is to see if there is any movement in the egg. Think of it as a jon boat with people inside. If you move around inside the boat, the boat will move.. If a chick is moving inside the egg, the egg will move.. The warmth of the water is to ensure you don't drop the temp of the egg.

Back to the OP... What type of bator is it?, What breed are you hatching? What have your temps been?

iF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF THE CHICKS ARE ALIVE IN THE EGG

GET A GLASS OF WARM WATER AND PLACE ONE EGGAT THE TIME IN THE WATER , JUST MAKE SURE IS NOT PECKING YET .

ONCE YOU PUT THE EGG IN THE WATER WATCH IT AND WAIT 1 MINUTES , IF IS ALIVE IT WILL START ROCKING

Back
Top Bottom