1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Its day 24....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazyforchicks, Jan 16, 2011.

  1. crazyforchicks

    crazyforchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

    Sep 11, 2010
    How long should I wait for my eggs to hatch? It is day 24 and I have had one hatch today, I believe most of them were good at lockdown but now they are not doing anything. My temps were off for my still air, It was at 99.5. humidity was 50% up to day 18 then I am at 60% Help me out guys what am I doing wrong? Out of 22 eggs I have 4 chicks alive two d.o.a. and a bunch of eggs still in lockdown. What should I do?
  2. GreenGoddess

    GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Quote:The temps were really low for a still air... Honestly, I would give it til day 27, maybe even 28 before you completely give up... the lower temps may have caused the chicks to develop slowly... On day 27, you can candle them as long as you do not have any pips.... Give it some time though.... [​IMG]

    Goddess [​IMG]
  3. Baralak

    Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

    X2 temp in a still air should be around 101F It will cause delay.

  4. crazyforchicks

    crazyforchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

    Sep 11, 2010
    So Its day 25 and still nothing... I candled today on a light colored one and it was moving!!!! [​IMG] But my temps are anywhere from 97.0 to 101.5 I can not get it to steady out!!!! [​IMG] Augh Any hope out there? There are 16 eggs in there!!! [​IMG]
  5. ZooMummzy

    ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

    Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:I feel for you. I have a still air running now and got up to 80% humidity and 99 temps [​IMG] It was fine when I went to bed last night so I have no idea what happened in a quiet house overnight. I think I've lost all mine but I'm going to leave them till Day 28 and see. This is why I bought a new Brinsea and I'm chucking these LGs. They are making me crazy! I had to help all the eggs in my last hatch - thankfully they all lived. Good luck with your hatch. I will keep my fingers crossed.
  6. Baralak

    Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

    All you can do at this point is just wait it out and keep an eye on your temps.

    ~~~~~ VIBES ~~~~~~
  7. riverman

    riverman Chillin' With My Peeps

    Dec 15, 2010
    Central Tx
    Quote:Have you float tested them yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by