Its day 24....

crazyforchicks

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 11, 2010
How long should I wait for my eggs to hatch? It is day 24 and I have had one hatch today, I believe most of them were good at lockdown but now they are not doing anything. My temps were off for my still air, It was at 99.5. humidity was 50% up to day 18 then I am at 60% Help me out guys what am I doing wrong? Out of 22 eggs I have 4 chicks alive two d.o.a. and a bunch of eggs still in lockdown. What should I do?

Quote:
The temps were really low for a still air... Honestly, I would give it til day 27, maybe even 28 before you completely give up... the lower temps may have caused the chicks to develop slowly... On day 27, you can candle them as long as you do not have any pips.... Give it some time though....
smile.png

Goddess
jumpy.gif

So Its day 25 and still nothing... I candled today on a light colored one and it was moving!!!!
wee.gif
But my temps are anywhere from 97.0 to 101.5 I can not get it to steady out!!!!
he.gif
Augh Any hope out there? There are 16 eggs in there!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
I feel for you. I have a still air running now and got up to 80% humidity and 99 temps
barnie.gif
It was fine when I went to bed last night so I have no idea what happened in a quiet house overnight. I think I've lost all mine but I'm going to leave them till Day 28 and see. This is why I bought a new Brinsea and I'm chucking these LGs. They are making me crazy! I had to help all the eggs in my last hatch - thankfully they all lived. Good luck with your hatch. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom