ITS DAY 4 OF INCUBATION AND NO VEINS???

gsophia

In the Brooder
May 16, 2015
Its day 4 and i candled my eggs and i see no veins. does this mean they are dead? Im going to wait and see but i just want to know the odds of them being alive.

I candled my eggs on day 4 (last week) because i had temp issues on day 2 and was wondering if it had killed my eggs. I know i read that you should be able to see veins but mine all looked clear. I was really upset. Just candled them again today (day 7) and they were growing and had good blood vessles. I would wait. Day 4 they may just be too hard to see. Unfortunately out of my 41 eggs 23 had quit :( so my temp issues did affect the batch.

I have a total of 18. 6 call ducks 12 chickens. I hope i can at least get 1 duck and some chickens...
fl.gif

Its day 4 and i candled my eggs and i see no veins. does this mean they are dead? Im going to wait and see but i just want to know the odds of them being alive.
I wouldn't get too worried until day 7 and no visible veins (at least with the chickens.) A lot depends on the darkness/thickness of shell to as to how early and how much you will see.

You can't tell much at day 4..I candle mine at day 10 and again before lockdown on day 18
Actually if you have light enough eggs you can see development as early as day 3. I can usually see developement starting between day 2&3. These are pics of my hatch now at 80 hours after set:

You can already see the start of development and vascular system.

Back
Top Bottom