It's Fall, Y'All! Some Pictures of Chickens, Leaves & My Mountains

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Oct 24, 2012.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Leaves are falling very fast here in the N. GA. mountains. The cabins on Watson Mtn. have a lovely setting now, but soon the color will be over till Spring. Wish Fall lasted longer. Sigh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rita blends with the oak leaves.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rita's sketchy lacing from her BLRW daddy is showing more as she gets older.

[​IMG]

Snow, my only splash Ameraucana, is getting up in years now.

[​IMG]

Alice, Blue Plymouth Rock, after her big molt, finally looking normal again, but still thin.

[​IMG]

Big Hope, missing Suede, but at last growing feathers. Will take awhile to gain her weight again. Hoping she has worked out her reproductive issues she had a few weeks back. Amanda, the old BR hen in the next pen, is butt naked at the moment and her arthritis is acting up. Scared we'll lose Amanda this winter. She and sister, Becca, are both in full molt and will turn 6 years old just after the first of the year.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dottie, one of my quality BR girls, looking great post-molt. Sweet, sweet hen, this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Druscilla, Dottie's daughter, being her usual curious self. What a love she is!

[​IMG]

Isaac enjoying another dustbath. He loves those more and more the older he gets.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. bucky52

bucky52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    thanks for sharing pictures .you have some very pretty chickens.i live in virginia.and enjoying summer like tempertures.but that is going to change this coming weekend.our leaves are very colorful and they are dropping early this year.i love this time of year.

3. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Beautiful, beautiful birds!

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Beautiful fall pictures! Always love seeing pictures, for sure! The fall colors just don't last long enough.

Isaac deserves those dust baths after watching over all those girls!

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wonderful photos. I have fond memories of horseback riding in north Georgia.

6. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] Love fall colors.I wish fall will stay longer too. The photos are great thanks for sharing.

7. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Hey Cyn, I'll be over tomorrow afternoon. We'll take a stroll around those woods and hills. What do you say? [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I say stop teasing me! I'd love that, Fred! You like tea or coffee? I make a mean Lemon Lover's Pound Cake, too. We'll take a nice, long hike then come back and have some refreshments on the covered porch in view of those mtns.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  9. Fred's Hens

If only, if only.

10. Fred's Hens

During the 1980's, I'd have a convention in Atlanta, each year, during this upcoming week. It was always wonderful to come down out of Chattanooga into the Red Mountains, especially this time of year. Great memories.

I don't believe my lumbar could take a drive that far anymore. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by