It's finally here!

DaisyG2317

Crowing
Jul 14, 2020
🌷🌷🌷
Afted a looooonnnggg wait, my new coop is finally here! It is better than I could have imagined. If you are in the greater Puget Sound area and want a coop built I highly recommend The Original Chicken Man in Orting.

The coop is 6x6 and the run is 14x6. A Pullet-Shut door with a photo sensor lets my precious pullets out of their house at sunrise and keeps them safe after the sun goes down.

There is a really neat feature inside the coop: a swing-away roost area! The roosts are in a ladder formation and there is a chain mounted to the ceiling. For easy cleaning you just attach the chain to the roost and lift it up.

I'll try to get out later today to put some more photos if anybody is interested 🐓🐔

Attachments

• 20200923_174956.jpg
    20200923_174956.jpg
    792.3 KB · Views: 52
Afted a looooonnnggg wait, my new coop is finally here! It is better than I could have imagined. If you are in the greater Puget Sound area and want a coop built I highly recommend The Original Chicken Man in Orting.

The coop is 6x6 and the run is 14x6. A Pullet-Shut door with a photo sensor lets my precious pullets out of their house at sunrise and keeps them safe after the sun goes down.

There is a really neat feature inside the coop: a swing-away roost area! The roosts are in a ladder formation and there is a chain mounted to the ceiling. For easy cleaning you just attach the chain to the roost and lift it up.

I'll try to get out later today to put some more photos if anybody is interested 🐓🐔
Looks good!
I would add a predator apron around the perimeter.
Looking forward to seeing interior pictures of the layout and better pictures of the year round ventilation. :caf

Last edited:
Thank you! We were replacing a prefab TSC style too small coop.

They seem very happy in the new house.
Of course they do! They were just released from chicken Alcatraz!
It should be illegal for those pre-fabs to be sold. Or at least they should be forced to correctly advertise that the setup is for only 1 or 2 birds and you must provide a properly sized run in addition to the "coop".

Looks very nice!

Willie

Back
Top Bottom