It's happened, today I officially feel old

mom'sfolly :

I know forty doesn't bounce back like thirty did. But thirty is now a fading memory, and fifty is closing fast. I don't think aging is for the faint of heart. The mystery pains are annoying, but I was looking at old pictures recently...shocking! Less than ten years ago, my hair was undyed and dark; as of this year I've stopped coloring it and it is white in places. I look in the mirror and see this fat, old chick and wonder how I can look so different from my interior self. ARGHHH!!!!

That's where I am - just got the new drivers license - The person in the picture is NOT the person I feel inside. Made me kind of sad. I get those mystery pains also, especially in my feet, also mystery bruises.

The Suburu commercial with the dad talking to the little girl nearly makes me cry because my youngest child just got her drivers license.​

Quote:
Are you kidding? My grocery store gives me a senior citizen discount, and I'm only 50. By 60 I'm gonna look like 10 miles of bad road!

In my mind I have always stayed about 25, old enough to have some sense, young enough to back it up. Then reality gives me a kick in the shorts when I roll out in the morning. I think it was just the realization that a some things that have been big parts of our lives will no longer be center stage, high school sports, county/state fairs, that kind of stuff that got me.

Here is a song I try not to listen to if anybody is watching. Nanci Griffith - Turn Around

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
for how you feel

hit.gif
for the song

I got my senior discount when I was 50. I will be 52 this month. I still feel and act like a kid though. My body says otherwise. I hurt when I fall down now and I'm a lot more careful because of it.

What really makes me feel old is seeing rock groups on TV like Lover Boy and The Bee Gees and stuff. All the members are fat and bald and you realize that you are just about the same age. It just kind of slaps you in the face. I remember when I was 48 ready to turn 49. For some reason I thought I was 49 going on 50. It was a few days before my BD and I was depressed. When I told my DW why, she laughed and said your 48 you idiot. Talk about making my day.

My DW on the other hand picked a fight with me on her 50th BD. Then refused to celebrate it. I had to give her all of her presents during the course of the following year. One of them was a grinding attachment for her Kitchenmaid mixer. I ended up giving it to her during canning season. That made her very happy.

Last edited:
I have WHAT in my yard? :

Hey some of ud old folks can still boogie down!!

I LOVED that...
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
bun.gif

One of my dear friends several years ago suggested a strategy that I think I'll adopt when I turn fifty. She say instead of saying you are 29 or 39 indefinitely, when you get to a certain age start adding a year ever other birthday or so. I figure if I start when I'm fifty, by the time I hit 60 everyone will think I'm 70, soooooo nobody will be saying "my god woman, I thought you were much older than that", they'll all be saying how fine I look for my age. Course the fact that I'm claiming 70 and have a twenty-two year old might throw them.

edited for spelling

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom