It's happening...I have chick FEVER!

I am DYING to hatch out some bantams. Absolutely been falling asleep DREAMING about hatching the bantam RIR and sebright cross this year! If I just had a small incubator I could already be setting eggs. :( lol Can you imagine how cute they will be??

So glad to see I'm not the only one!!

I just recently purchased a new coop that supposedly holds about 7 chickens and more if I put another roost in it. We only have 3 hens, plus a loaner rooster. I think I'm going to have to find me some chicks this weekend, maybe add a silky or two and then get some more in spring or try my hand at hatching some one of these days. I may just have to keep the old coop as well :)

sounds like a good plan 1hotchickymama, I like hatching especially eggs from my own hens because it's the whole experience, but with chicks you can already see what you are getting and a "quick fix".
big_smile.png

Well, I think I get to start hatching.
lol.png
My husband bought me a new LG Forced Air today. :D AND I have eggs ready to go in!

I have a severe case of chicken fever!!
barnie.gif
Husband say to more chickies, it will disrupt our happy little flock..... but I want some different colored eggs. Oh the greens, blues, pinks .
droolin.gif
......and did I mention I want a Speckled Sussex so I can name her Dottie?
big_smile.png

I also have the chick fever. It must be contagious lol. Spring time is just around the corner (maybe). My incubator is full, even snuck a few duck eggs in also.

I have the chick fever too, and I satisfy it by looking at other people's newly hatched chicks, and putting a batch of eggs into my incubator to hatch. They are due around end of the month, and I also try to keep myself busy reading all the interesting stuff on BYC.

I told myself no more 100 eggs!! That's my serious addiction confession, I had so many last year, so this year I'm changing over a new leaf!!
fl.gif
My hubby says to me, "better you hatch eggs and nurture chicks, than to get pregnant with a human baby" so that's my excuse. No kids, but yes to chicks!!

I think it's time for me to pre-order new eggs for my next batch of hatching. Oh Uh.

In the meantime, here are some of my last year's chicks and juvies for all you fellow hatchaholics out there..

Great pics, I think my fever just went up! I have been searching online breeder sites and hatchery catalogs, drooling over chick pics of chicks we don't have, or that we've talked about getting. I need to take something to get this fever down.

Back
Top Bottom