It's Not Fair!! Why now?!?

Picky Chicky

Songster
11 Years
Sep 22, 2008
Holly Grove, VA
This past weekend I went against my fears (of needles) and got a Flu Shot. I was determined not to get sick before this upcoming weekend... I'm supposed to be getting my first time chickens at the Farmville event!!

Now my DD is sick with a sore throat and her temperature has been trying to rise. And I woke up this morning sneezing, sore throat and achy from the neck up. PLEASE NOT NOW!! I don't wanna get sick.
hit.gif

I will be SO depressed if I'm too sick to get my chickens this weekend.
barnie.gif

If you've got room in your thoughts or prayers please keep me and the fam in mind to feel excellent enough to get chickens this weekend!!
fl.gif

Sorry.. just had to vent out some misery.

This is why I have only ever had one flu shot in my life, I was sicker after the shot than I have ever been. Missed almost a week of work and ran a high fever for 3 days.
I think most of the time the shots work, but on a few they have the opposite effect.
Hope you get to feeling better, take vitamin c, drink lots of fluids and hopefully you can get your chickens this weekend.

I am sorry, that is why I refuse to get one, however my husbands job forces him to, but they get the one you breath in (its new and easier than a shot) You could ask your Dr about it next time. The duration of being sick will be a lot shorter than not getting one if that makes you feel any better.

Quote:
I totally agree...the ONE time I got the flu shot, I had gotten the flu repeatedly that year!!! ARGGGHHHH!!!
rant.gif

Everytime I've gotten the flu shot I've caught the flu that winter. I think I just have a screwy immune system.

I hope you feel better soon. Having the flu is the worst! (I'd give you a hugs smilie, but I don't want to get too close to you...)

smile.png

You know I was convinced I'd never get a flu shot when I kept hearing that everyone would get it regardless... but the lady giving me the shot swore it wouldn't make me sick... unless I had already contracted the virus. Now that I think of it, I think that answer is a cop-out.
sad.png

Blaaaaaahhhh Maybe I'll go to the store tonight and pick up some zinc if it's not too late. I've been drinking loads of Orange Juice... probably too much coffee (I'm on my 3rd cup)... Grrrr

Thank you all for your well wishes!!

drink lots of fluids, get lots of rest, don't over do it, delegate responsibilities if you have to
you have to let your body build up the white blood cell count and it takes time for that to happen, so the more you rest the faster you wil get it or fight it off. Draw the shades, and sleep, get up to go do your business or eat,you will get over it faster if you rest. Cut out the coffee, that will make if really bad as it is a diuretic, Your symptoms will be worse if you are dehydrated, gets some pedialyte!!!

Last edited:
The injectable flu shot is a killed virus so you can't get the flu from it.

I suppose it may tax your immune system enough building a resistance to the flu that you get sick with whatever other germs you contact while you are building a flu immunity (maybe even a different flu strain), but I am just guessing about that part.

The inhalable on the other hand is a live virus. If you have a depressed immune system, it is possible that you could actually get the flu from the inhalable.

Take the above with a grain of salt as I am not a doctor, just a parent of an immune suppressed kid so I know about the live/killed vaccine issue, and which ones you can and can't actually develop the illness from getting.

Back
Top Bottom