It's Saturday night....

Quote:
Oh sure! You don't live in a dry county! Rub it in!
tongue.gif

You mean KY and TN aren't the only places that are dry??
ep.gif
Amazing!

I just got done making some monster sized oatmeal cookies that turned out pretty good considering I'm out of white sugar, and I've got my homework caught up, cleaned out a brooder that has chicks dropping like flies for some reason, and now I'm on here....Such an eventful evening, I think I'm ready for bed
lau.gif

Quote:
call me silly but i thought the days of a "dry" state, city, town, what ever were long gone?

really there is no adult beverages sold?

I was thinking the same.

it's the south. some people dont like the drink down here... not me though

I am surrounded by them here. There are only 30 counties in KY that are totally wet, and 50-some are completely dry. The rest are in-betweens.

Quote:
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif

ROAD TRIP

and i just bought a GPS so i wont get lost along the way

Last edited by a moderator:
As one officer put it the other day, we're not only living in the bible belt, our county is the buckle! There's actually an organization in town called STAY DRY. They fight tooth and nail to keep liquor out of our county, so everyone just drives 30 minutes to the state line and buys in Oklahoma. Meaning Oklahoma gets our tax dollars, while we have lousy schools, roads, government and our cops have to buy their own equipment.
barnie.gif

The ironic part of course is that my DH has been in just about every home in town in his 28 year career as a law enforcement officer. He swears the members of Stay Dry have the best stocked liquor cabinets around.
Now the lottery has been approved in the state and before the games have even started, the Sister Bertha Better-Than-Yous are trying to get it shut down.

Quote:
She said she was tired, I think the cauliflower and burritos are talking back to her.

She even mentioned going to bed before DH got home!

Back
Top Bottom