It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
That sounds like it might taste great in a drink. I just made elderberry tincture using vodka, yuck for sure but adding the vanilla might make it taste better. We grow elderberry here, use the flowers for a bouquet tea & have made a preserve with the berries. View attachment 2431925View attachment 2431927
I prefer elderberry syrup. I use vodka and honey both to preserve and it’s not bad. Rough on the tummy if you have too much but we just have a shot each evening to boost our immune systems. At least that’s what we like to tell ourselves ;)

This turned out super yesterday
Homemade Sloppy Joes

Ingredients

• 1 ½ pounds extra lean ground beef
  • ½ onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 cup water
  • ¾ cup ketchup
  • 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 ½ teaspoons salt, or to taste
  • ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper to taste
Directions

Step 1 Place ground beef and onion in a large skillet. Turn heat to medium and cook and stir the mixture constantly until the beef is browned and forms small crumbles, about 10 minutes.

Step 2 Stir in garlic and green bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1 cup water and stir, scraping the pan to dissolve any brown flavor bits from the bottom of the skillet.

Step 3 Mix in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper. Add 1 more cup water and return mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is thick, about 40 minutes.

Step 4 Season with salt , black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.

Back
Top Bottom