It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
What a great thread!
One of my favorites is super simple. Lentils with ham. Leftover ham from a holiday dinner gets turned into this here at our house. I just finished the leftovers from a pot we made with our Christmas ham leftovers. Easter ham will likely lead to another pot of this stew. He's the approximate ingredients. I never measure. I throw it all in the instapot and cook for about 40 minutes.

3 cups of dry lentils
1.5lbs of ham (chopped)
6 cups of water
Salt and pepper to taste
I like to add cajun spice too

What a great thread!
One of my favorites is super simple. Lentils with ham. Leftover ham from a holiday dinner gets turned into this here at our house. I just finished the leftovers from a pot we made with our Christmas ham leftovers. Easter ham will likely lead to another pot of this stew. He's the approximate ingredients. I never measure. I throw it all in the instapot and cook for about 40 minutes.

3 cups of dry lentils
1.5lbs of ham (chopped)
6 cups of water
Salt and pepper to taste
I like to add cajun spice too
Glad you joined here

Sure does and sure has gotten cold here again down to freezing. This is simple and tastey
Portuguese Soup (sopa de funcho)

1 small onion
Tsp chopped garlic
4 potatoes chopped
2 cups beans
Add water salt and pepper to taste

Saute the onion garlic and Linguica pork sausage heavily spiced with paprika, chiles and garlic.

Bring soup to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer till potatoes are done, about 20 minutes.

Best with a country bread or rolls

Sure does and sure has gotten cold here again down to freezing. This is simple and tastey
Portuguese Soup (sopa de funcho)

1 small onion
Tsp chopped garlic
4 potatoes chopped
2 cups beans
Add water salt and pepper to taste

Saute the onion garlic and Linguica pork sausage heavily spiced with paprika, chiles and garlic.

Bring soup to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer till potatoes are done, about 20 minutes.

Best with a country bread or rolls
How much Linguica? And any thoughts on where to find that?

Thinking about a pot of chili. I don't use a recipe, but I'll try to track what I put in it when I make it and let you all know. Might be tomorrow rather than today though since I'll be working in the office until 5pm.

I've been trying a very simple egg drop soup as an alternative for chicken noodle or just straight broth when not feeling well.

About 2 cups chicken broth
A bit of salt if the broth isn't very salty
3 eggs (or 2 if they're really big eggs)
A dash of sesame oil

Mix the eggs with a fork in a separate bowl. Stir the sesame oil into the broth in a pan and bring to simmer. Slowly dribble in eggs while stirring with a spoon (don't use a whisk) and turn off the heat when done. Takes about 15min and makes 2 bowls.

Some people also use additional spices and/or add corn starch to thicken the broth but I didn't like it that way.

Back
Top Bottom