It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
Hey all...it's not only sweater weather...it's time for soup! I love our Fall weather...crisp mornings turn into warm afternoons, then cool evenings! Which prompts me to pull out my stockpot or Instant Pot & cook up a yummy pot of potato, beef soup or my smoked salmon & corn chowder...plus a few other family favorites! What are your favorite soup recipes?

Now that looks delicious! I have a beef soup going in the crock pot right now. Nothing fancy and I don't usually measure when making this. One pack of cubed beef, tossed in a little flour, couple chopped celery stalks, 1 chopped onions, 2 large carrots chopped, 1 large potato cubed, frozen corn, seasoning of choice (I usually add some mixed italian herbs), 2 bay leaves, carton of beef stock. Occasionally I might add a can of tomatoes and tomato past to thicken instead of the flour.

making crockpot ham and potato soup for dinner: depending on size of crockpot, ingredients:
cubed potatoes, diced onion, diced carrots, diced ham(leftovers work great) parsley, thyme, pepper cover with chicken broth. Cook 7 hrs low. 30 min before dinner, stir in 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup sour cream. If you want it thicker, add some instant potato flakes or blend a cup of soup and add it back. Serve with shredded cheese and chopped bacon bits if desired

Love this thread idea Rene!

I am terrible about measuring when I cook, I just toss stuff in, but a favorite here is matzo ball soup.
6 to 8 cups chicken broth, garlic, an onion quartered including the skin, a few each carrots and stalks of celery chopped, 2 or 3 bay leaves, a chicken breast or two chopped, I usually poach them and use the water as part of my broth, and a package of matzo ball mix. If you poach the chicken breast put it in for the last 20 minutes to heat through while the matzo balls cook. The skin of the onion is what gives the broth color. We add salt and pepper at the table.

I am terrible about measuring when I cook, I just toss stuff in, but a favorite here is matzo ball soup.
6 to 8 cups chicken broth, garlic, an onion quartered including the skin, a few each carrots and stalks of celery chopped, 2 or 3 bay leaves, a chicken breast or two chopped, I usually poach them and use the water as part of my broth, and a package of matzo ball mix. If you poach the chicken breast put it in for the last 20 minutes to heat through while the matzo balls cook. The skin of the onion is what gives the broth color. We add salt and pepper at the table.

One of my favorite soups, but I've never tried to make it. Thanks for the recipe!

Cabbage Surprise Soup Simple to make but really good comfort food.

1 head of cabbage chopped up
1 small whole chicken
1 pound smoked sausage cut in 1/2 inch discs ( I use Carolina Pride Smoked Polish Sausage)
4 potatoes cut into chunks
4 carrots cut in 1 inch discs
1 large onion diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tsp kosher salt or more if you like
1 tsp ground pepper or more if you like
1 tsp poultry seasoning

Boil small/med chicken in water with the onions, garlic and spices until done. Remove when done but keep the water for the soup stock . Add the sausage, carrots and potatoes and let cook while de-boning chicken. Add chicken and cabbage into pot and cook until vegetables and potatoes are done. The surprise is you put put the organ meat back in the pot and the lucky one gets it served to them when they spoon it into their bowl. My family loves boiled gizzards so the lucky one ends up with it. Serve over rice or with cornbread.

making crockpot ham and potato soup for dinner: depending on size of crockpot, ingredients:
cubed potatoes, diced onion, diced carrots, diced ham(leftovers work great) parsley, thyme, pepper cover with chicken broth. Cook 7 hrs low. 30 min before dinner, stir in 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup sour cream. If you want it thicker, add some instant potato flakes or blend a cup of soup and add it back. Serve with shredded cheese and chopped bacon bits if desired
You can never go wrong with potato soup...it's definitely a family favorite around here! Thanks cheepteach...yum!

Hi Kim! I'm glad you found it! I've never had this, but I'm definitely going to try it...sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing it! :)

Back
Top Bottom