It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Ok, I found some really weird Summer Soup Recipes from a old SC Church Cookbook. I'll be trying one out in the summer for a dessert when watermelon comes back in season!

Just Peachy Soup
2 cups peaches peeled and sliced
1- 12oz. jar peach nectar ( I personally have never seen this in the grocery store)
1 tsp lime juice, 1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 cup fat free peach yogurt
1 cuo sliced strawberries
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Combine peaches, cinnamon,peach nectar and lime juice in blender until pureed. Pour into a med bowl, fold in yogurt and mix. Refrigerate overnight. Top each bowl with a 1/4 cup strawberries. Makes 4 bowls

Icy Watermelon soup
1/2 seedless watermelon cut into chunks
1/2 cup orange juice
2 limes or 2 T. lime juice
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup non-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
4 large strawberries
4 lime slices
freshly grated or bottled ginger(did not say how much in recipe)
In a food processor add melon,orange juice, lime juice and wine in batches, adding ginger to the last batch. If it seems thick, thin with more OJ. Stir in yogurt. Refrigerate in large bowl for 3 -4 hours. Garnish with a slice of lime and sliced strawberries. Serves 4
These sound really interesting...let us know what you think of them when you try it! :)

Macaroni & Cheese Savory Soup
1 box Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Mix (Kraft)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3-1/4 cup chicken broth (or 2 cans)
1-12 oz can of beer (Coors,Budweiser or what ever you drink)
1 10 oz pack mixed frozen vegetables (I use gumbo vegetable mix)
1 cup diced fully cooked ham

Cook Macaroni noodles out of the box until just tender. Drain and set aside
Melt butter in your stewing pot, stir in flour and and cheese sauce mix from the dinner box. Gradually stir in broth and beer. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (do not scorch but cook at a high enough temp that it bubbles. Cook and stir 1 minute more after soup turns dense.
Add vegetables and ham and cook about 5-10 mins more until vegetables are tender.Stir in the cooked macaroni and heat through.

Done! Supposed to Make 6 servings but apparently I don't abide by serving sizes. šŸ˜…

Italian Peasant Stew

2 oz Olive oil
1 package hot* Italian sausage (sliced)
4 oz Pancetta or bacon (diced)
1 large or 2 small onions (diced)
Pinch of salt
1/4 Cup red wine
4 cloves of crushed & minced garlic
1 TBS dried basil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp red pepper flake*
1 tsp black pepper
1 can 15.5 oz Cannellini beans (with juice for thicker consistency or drained and rinsed for thinner consistency)
1 package 3 cheese tortellini (optional)

This is great
Fresh Basil for garnish
Italian cheese blend for garnish

I used a porcelain lined dutch oven. Add the oil and heat on medium low fire until about 350*, add bacon and sausage and cook until the bacon is crisp and the sausage is browned. Remove the meat to a paper towel lined plate and pour off all but about a table spoon of the fat.

Add the onions and just enough salt to make them sweat. Start deglazing the pan. Add the wine (you can substitute beef or chicken stock if you prefer) and garlic and work the pan until all the brown bits are up and the liquid is gone.

Add the tortellini, stir well and simmer another 8 minutes.

A nice crusty bread for dipping goes well with this recipe.
Penny, I was thinking about making this, but have a question: is there more liquid added somewhere? Doesn't seem very liquid-y unless I'm reading something wrong :oops:

Penny, I was thinking about making this, but have a question: is there more liquid added somewhere? Doesn't seem very liquid-y unless I'm reading something wrong :oops:

You know must have I made it one time but no wine here would have used broth
but sure I woulds have used like 3 or 4 cups

Back
Top Bottom