It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
hello all,
I have a soup recipe to share:
this is my favorite soup recipe, it is completely divine! if we had bacon I'd put that in as well but we never do :(. one of my favorite things about this recipe is that when we make it it is 100% made with things we grew!
potato leek soup
Ing.:
4 handfuls cubed potatoes

1 handful ripped kale
2 shafts of leeks
2 cups half&half
5 tbs butter
4 ts parsly
2 ts salt (or to taste)
directions:

boil potatoes for a little extra long. strain out half of the water. chop and add the leeks, parsly, and kale.
boil for a sec. longer. add salt and butter. take off heat. mash. then I like too add the creamy milk when it is not boiling, so that it is still raw, altho maybe most of you don't have accsress to raw milk. stir it up nice and serve. yum yum yum!
1605052927596.jpeg

1605052962049.jpeg

hello all,
this is my favorite soup recipe, it is completely divine! if we had bacon I'd put that in as well but we never do :(. one of my favorite things about this recipe is that when we make it it is 100% made with things we grew!
potato leek soup
Ing.:

1 handful ripped kale
2 shafts of leeks
2 cups half&half
5 tbs butter
4 ts parsly
2 ts salt (or to taste)
directions:

boil potatoes for a little extra long. strain out half of the water. chop and add the leeks, parsly, and kale.
boil for a sec. longer. add salt and butter. take off heat. mash. then I like too add the creamy milk when it is not boiling, so that it is still raw, altho maybe most of you don't have accsress to raw milk. stir it up nice and serve. yum yum yum!View attachment 2406869
View attachment 2406870

Welcome to The thread nice recipe thank you

I love soup!! This is an awesome thread 😊 I just made this a couple weeks ago-blended it until there were no "suspicious" veggie chunks for my three year old (who still wouldn't eat it, ugh). I'm just going by memory, but I think I've got it. I'm no chef, but I was really happy with it. This made a big batch!

Cheesy Potato Veggie Soup

4 medium potatoes chopped into chunks
1 head of cauliflower (chopped to same size as potatoes)
5ish full sized carrots (chopped to same size)
2-3 celery ribs (diced)
1 large onion (diced)
1 T or so of minced garlic
6-8 cups chicken or veggie broth (I did about 6 cups of broth but ended up adding some water because of all the veggies)
Enough butter to saute the celery and onions
1 bar cream cheese (set out when you start prep so it's soft by the time you add it)
1-ish cup shredded cheddar
Salt and pepper

Saute onions, celery and garlic in a giant pot
Toss in the rest of the veggies, and the broth, cover and simmer until veggies are soft
Turn off heat and let cool for a bit
Throw in the blender in batches (or if you have an immersion blender just do it in the pot) until desired consistency
Turn heat back on low, add cream cheese, then shredded cheese in small batches, stirring thoroughly in-between batches
Salt and pepper to taste 😋
Welcome to the thread! This sounds so good! :)

hello all,
potato leek soup
Ing.:

1 handful ripped kale
2 shafts of leeks
2 cups half&half
5 tbs butter
4 ts parsly
2 ts salt (or to taste)
directions:

boil for a sec. longer. add salt and butter. take off heat. mash. then I like too add the creamy milk when it is not boiling, so that it is still raw, altho maybe most of you don't have accsress to raw milk. stir it up nice and serve. yum yum yum!View attachment 2406869
View attachment 2406870
Welcome to the thread and thank you for the recipe! I'm with you, bacon makes everything better! :)

This is another of my favorite recipes! I need to pick up a head of cauliflower and make it soon!

Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup

Servings: Prep Time :10 minutes Cook Time :50 minutes Total Time :1 hour Servings : 4

Ingredients
    • 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
    • 2 tablespoons Avocado or Olive oil
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 8 or more slices chopped cooked Bacon
    • 1 tablespoon Bacon Grease
    • 1/2 medium onion, diced
    • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    • 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
    • 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth or chicken stock *
    • 1 1/2 cups aged white cheddar, shredded
    • 1 cup cream
    • salt, black pepper & red pepper flakes(optional) to taste
Steps
    • Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil along with the salt and pepper, arrange them in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
    • Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
    • Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
    • Add the broth, deglaze the pan, add the cauliflower, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
    • Puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency with a stick blender. I like to pull out some of the cauliflower to add back in after pureeing!
    • Mix in the cheese, let it melt without bringing it to boil again.
    • Mix in the Cream, season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
    • Slow Cooker: Implement step 1, optionally implement steps 2 & 3, place everything except the cheese and milk in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-10 hours or high for 2-4 hours before adding the cheese and milk and cooking until the cheese has melted.

Back
Top Bottom