1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's that time again

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChickenNOOB, Oct 6, 2008.

1. ChickenNOOB

ChickenNOOB New Egg

Aug 1, 2008
    Sniff my Barred Rock was massacred by a family of possums, so now i'm getting replacments. Does any1 have any helpful hints on how to identify a Buff orphington or Barred rock pullet? now all I have is a little easter egger named sunny. she's so cute be she's very lonely [​IMG] we caught one of the possums though. it was drinking Sunny d in our garage LOL, so we put in a box and put it in the recycling bin. if any of you are complete humanitarians, I'm sorry but, some amount of vengance must be taken for my hen who got her head ripped off! Besides, i think it is definetly better than shooting it, which i had a VERY strong impulse to do.:mad::mad::mad::mad:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    heres a bump for you.. maybe you wont get yelled at lol. personally i think shooting it would be better. doesn't die of suffocation/starvation/dehydration, just a quick pain (if they feel it at all). and its gone.. nothing else then. be funny though.. someone comes to clean out the recycle bin and opens the box.. possom jumps on them rotfl.. go wait with a video camera!. make sure they dont alert organization... and fingerprint the box

-Daniel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by