It's the Pigs big day :(

Mine have 12 days... Sept 30... They do have good personalities... but I tell you, I am done taking care of the smelly critters. Plus I am going to convert the hog house to a goat house when gone.

Did you take pictures?

Oh my Gosh, there was an article in the paper yesterday about a PETA guy going in under cover into a swine producer in Iowa. He had a hidden camera and got on tape some HORRIBLE ABUSE. I was totally sick when I read it. I can't believe that any human can treat anything so horrible and think it's ok. At least my pigs were happy and well cared for.

Quote:
How are you suppposed to raise thousands of hogs so people can eat... love and hug everyone? I know the whole liberal mantra....evil oil company, evil corporation, evil farmer... man to go through life so unhappy filled with hate....

....nah...they dont need hugs and kisses..boilerjoe...just some BASIC humane treatment...
idunno.gif
...thats all... i dont think its much to ask for..do you?...
hu.gif
....BTW..i love chicken AND pork..but i'd like to at least know that my roast wasnt sitting in his crap and piss ina 2 ft stall..24 hours a day till he died..also.....i have pigs..i KNOW how smart they really are..they are the 4th smartest creature alive on this planet..honestly..and they DO have the mental thinking of a toddler..about 3-4 years old child..honestly.... AND..they actually have the ability to reason....which not many animals have....so please be respectful when someone is talking about their animals....AND...it has nothing to do with a liberal mantra..please dont go there.....it has to do with BASIC HUMANE TREATMENT of animals....until we scarf them down that is....
tongue.png
hu.gif
..peace..Wendy

Last edited:
I breed pigs for people to raise for their freezer. I know how hard it is on THAT DAY. Take a deep breath go in the house till Your Kill guy has done the deed. Then go on out. Say thanks for the pigs contribution to your family and enjoy all that He/She will give. I've been doing this for 12 yrs. and I still go into the house while the deed is being done. Then go out and say Thanx.

First off, I don't think there is a liberal bone in my body. However I do have a strong sense of right and wrong, and beating pigs with pipes and jambing them up their butts just for fun is very much on the WRONG side. They were beating them just to be beating them. I don't even like PETA, but this is horrible.

Here are a couple of the articles to read for yourself and then tell me if thinking this is wrong makes me a liberal.

http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/iowa_pigfarm_abuse2

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/16/abused.pigs.ap/index.html

Yikes - that sucks! My hubby wants to get a few pigs to raise & butcher too. I say... all fine & dandy if you want to take care of them all by yourself! *hehe* For one, there's nothing worse than the smell of pig poo! And two, they're waaay too cute as piglets!! If we ever do end up getting one or two, I know I'll be sending them away to get done... there's no way I could have it done at our farm!!

Back
Top Bottom