1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

It's Thundering!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 77horses, May 8, 2009.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Wow!!! It's thundering and lightning outside right now! The clouds are all black and gray, but the sun is still out. And it just started raining. I like thunderstorms! [​IMG] Unless I'm outside during one... [​IMG]

Hey...there's some kids riding their bikes(with no helmets on... [​IMG] ) outside. That's not a smart thing to do during a thunderstorm. [​IMG] [​IMG]

But anyways, any thunderstorms in your area? It's not a bad thunderstorm here...still nice out, with a little thunder and sprinkling rain. we are keeping an eye out for any rainbows. [​IMG]

2. illinichick

illinichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    My DH is trying to get home from Tx and has been stuck inside an Arbys in Marion, Il due to tornadoes. Interstate 57 southbound is closed due to trees down, semis blown over, boats blown off trailers etc.. he said the interstate is green from the leaves.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It's 98 here today!

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:[​IMG] I hope he makes it home OK! [​IMG]
    I wish sometimes that we would have a small tornado(not one that destroyed the chicken coop and everything), since I've never experienced one before. [​IMG] It would be both exciting and nerve-racking! [​IMG] But I wouldn't want to have like 3 tornadoes a day. [​IMG]

5. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    we had the first thunderstorm of the season yesterday.
    I still dont like them and hide in the house.
    Last summer was terrible here. I swear we got a thunderstorm every afternoon. I was cleaning my horses stall during one and didnt want to come out and run back across the paddocks til it was over.

6. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:It's about 70*F. here, and it's pretty windy. [​IMG]

7. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Raining hard here, Thunder and lightning.
    I am so sick of the rain,
    and slipping and sliding in the mud!
    I am solar powered and running out of energy
    I want SUN!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by