Its time for another round of "NAME! THAT! CHICKEN!"

thank you. :)

I looked them up but really dont look anything like my crew. They more resemble the andalusions so far.

I hate to be a party pooper, but from what I read Andalusians seem to be pretty rare birds. Just based on the odds, these aren't going to be a rare breed coming from somebody's homeschool project. They look almost exactly like an Easter Egger I recently obtained; I'll try to get a picture of her on here soon for you. I'd be interested to know what color egg they start to lay, because that will help confirm EE if you get green/blue eggs from them.

These birds are most likely barnyard crosses. They are not EEs or Andalusians because those are clean-legged breeds, which these birds most definitely are not (even granting that EEs are mixes, you usually don't see them with feathered legs).

I hate to be a party pooper, but from what I read Andalusians seem to be pretty rare birds. Just based on the odds, these aren't going to be a rare breed coming from somebody's homeschool project. They look almost exactly like an Easter Egger I recently obtained; I'll try to get a picture of her on here soon for you. I'd be interested to know what color egg they start to lay, because that will help confirm EE if you get green/blue eggs from them.
You can get Andalusians from many hatcheries. The true ones are rare, hatchery ones are not. It's quite possible that these are Andalusians. The thing is, when something is "rare", people want more of it. Then it isn't rare at all.

no need to feel like a party pooper. These chickens are family pets only.. we dont plan to breed and sell chicks or show them.

They are just a part of our ever growing group of critters that we love.

They all hatched from light brown eggs.. not sure that makes a hill of beans or not LOL

Hmm, brown eggs, eh? Then they're not easter eggers - at least they're not pure easter eggers. Andalusians apparently lay white eggs, so they aren't pure Andalusians either.

They are pretty at least. :)

Last edited:
yes they are very pretty and very spoiled. It didnt take them long to train ME that is for sure. I have learned that some form of fruit or vegi treat is in order at least once a day. :)

They are 100% pure chickens...
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom