It's time for me to admit I have a problem...

Last night on Sharing A Bed With Casper...

No goofy positions, no weird contortions. Just one warm, happy boy curled up at my feet on a cold, rainy October night. Nights like these always make me wonder what he must have done to try and keep warm and dry when he was still outside in this kind of weather. Since his arrival, this time of year has given me a bit of melancholy with regards to Casper, just because this was the time of year he showed up and the type of conditions he would have been facing while still out there. At least he'll never have to worry about that sort of thing again. :love

View attachment 3669203
I think about that too when you post pictures of him
A cat less likely to live well as a stray out in the elements is hard to imagine!
I have had cats who were just fine hunkered down under a car instead of indoors - but Casper is a cat who clearly requires a sofa, stair carpet, a good quality mattress and central heating!
I am so happy you are there to provide these things for him!
🥰

My mom and I were talking about that, too, a few days ago! I didn't take many pictures of him until after I'd already cleaned him up a lot, but that poor boy was loaded with burrs when he first showed up. His fur is so fine that he even picks up burrs off the dog when she comes in from running around outside. 😩 Definitely not the right type of fur for outdoor living!

I'm just glad he can feel safe and be comfortable. 🥰 Boy, does he ever get comfortable! I suppose I can't say much at this point about his time outside; he's been inside with us for much longer than he could have been out there in the wild (2 years with us now!), and he does live in a house where everyone seems to really adore him. As I'm typing this, my mom just got up out of 'Casper's spot' on the couch and scooted aside for him to curl up there. He has his humans well trained. 🤭

Casper kept sitting like this in front of me today, like he wanted something from me. I think he wanted to play, but I really haven't been feeling good today, and I forgot to get the hot glue gun out to fix his favorite toy after he broke it the last time anyway. 🥺 He begrudgingly accepted kisses and compliments on his handsomeness instead.

1698794448892.png

Trying to get a picture to show him in his fancy new collar, but he's just too fluffy to see it :love

1699370892045.png

The collar probably isn't super necessary for him, I just feel a bit safer with him wearing one with my phone number on it just in case he slips out the door or something. But it's sort of become a tradition at this point to replace it every year around this time of year, kind of as a symbol of another year of him in my life. This year, I went with a nice medium blue with pineapples, just as something a little different. 🤭 Last year's was just basic blue.

Back
Top Bottom