It's trying to SNOW here!

Hotwings

Songster
12 Years
Jan 27, 2007
southwestern Michigan
Yes winter has come alittle early this year. It has been trying to snow, well not really snow but more of a sleet mixture. We had some really bad wind and rain yesterday. Has it been snowing in your neck of the woods yet?

It snowed in Wyoming a few weeks ago. But it sure is COLD here this morning. Supposed to warm up a little. High in the 50s. Sun is out so I know it will. Had to break the duck pond open for them. Geese are packing an extra 10 pounds in ice. They found a spot in the sun already to thaw out.LOL
I REALLY hate winter. Can't seem to talk DH into moving south.

I live in Michigan and we have different types of snow here. One is Lake effect snow. This is the heavy stuff that acumalates off Lake Michigan. We occasionaly get lake effect but the counties near the lake get hit the hardest before I do.

We had snow and high winds yesterday. Snow is gone but, the winds are still here-not as bad though.
sad.png
I'm not looking forward to winter.

I'm a few counties above you Hotwings and I saw a little sleet myself this A.M.
hmm.png
Anytime is too early for me. I've got the woodstove cranked and I'm going to bake a couple loaves of bread
wink.png
That'll warm things up.

It's trying here as well...the wind is something fierce. I'm in Wisconsin near the bay, and we get lake effect snow also.

It's in the forcast for today! Very windy right now. I don't think I believe the snow forecast though. And neither does B-I-L. He just took out our heat stove and is trying to install a new one right now!

It has snowed several times, but it's only sticking on the mountains.
I moved the girls into their winter coop this week, so it's a-comin'!

Back
Top Bottom