It's trying to SNOW here!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hotwings, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    Yes winter has come alittle early this year. It has been trying to snow, well not really snow but more of a sleet mixture. We had some really bad wind and rain yesterday. Has it been snowing in your neck of the woods yet?

2. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    YIKES!!
    It's not even CLOSE to snowing here!
    Where are you??

3. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    It snowed in Wyoming a few weeks ago. But it sure is COLD here this morning. Supposed to warm up a little. High in the 50s. Sun is out so I know it will. Had to break the duck pond open for them. Geese are packing an extra 10 pounds in ice. They found a spot in the sun already to thaw out.LOL
    I REALLY hate winter. Can't seem to talk DH into moving south.

4. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I live in Michigan and we have different types of snow here. One is Lake effect snow. This is the heavy stuff that acumalates off Lake Michigan. We occasionaly get lake effect but the counties near the lake get hit the hardest before I do.

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    We had snow and high winds yesterday. Snow is gone but, the winds are still here-not as bad though. [​IMG] I'm not looking forward to winter.

6. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    I'm a few counties above you Hotwings and I saw a little sleet myself this A.M. [​IMG] Anytime is too early for me. I've got the woodstove cranked and I'm going to bake a couple loaves of bread [​IMG] That'll warm things up.

7. 3peeps

3peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2007
    It's trying here as well...the wind is something fierce. I'm in Wisconsin near the bay, and we get lake effect snow also.

8. NewGuineaChooks

NewGuineaChooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    It's in the forcast for today! Very windy right now. I don't think I believe the snow forecast though. And neither does B-I-L. He just took out our heat stove and is trying to install a new one right now!

9. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    It was sleeting here! And its windy. BRRRRRRRRRRRR-I'm not ready for the cold.

10. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    It has snowed several times, but it's only sticking on the mountains.
    I moved the girls into their winter coop this week, so it's a-comin'!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by