Ive decided to keep him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wouldn't want to have to do business with some of you. If she/you told this woman she could have him than that's it. Your only as good as your word.
"Treat others the way you would want to be treated".
You could offer her another bird for less money, try to work out an amiable compromise.
The next time it's you, no complaining if that's how you feel.

Don't let him go!
sad.png
He's such a pretty rooster, and sounds like a great 'little' buddy!

Lisa, I definitely wouldn't let him go. My SLW roo, Silver, is like this with me and he would be the last of mine to ever go.

He's absolutely gorgeous hun....and isn't he the daddy to my two?? You can't get rid of my babies daddy!!!!! Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

ROFL!!!

Laurie

Quote:
Some women feel that when you give your word you must keep it. Honor is not restricted to men, nor is self respect.
sad.png

Well its just like someone had previously said, I didnt post an ad to sell him, I emailed in response to an ad looking for a buff orpington. Yes I feel bad about the whole thing, but i'll feel even worse rehoming him. I bought him off Craigslist and the owners told me to eat him. I certainly will not! So, I took him home and he was kind of distant for awhile and now he's like a lost puppy.

As for my word, I have no problem helping this woman find another "pet" buff orp rooster. Or as someone said, i could give her a baby. I am picking up some buff orp hens in a week or so.

Quote:
Ya know what? I've been in this situation before, ON HER SIDE OF THE FENCE. I was supposed to buy 2 ducks from a lady, and she actually spoke to me on the phone a few times. Then she called me and said "Please do not be mad, i am going to keep them" Ya know what i said???????????
"WONDERFUL! I'm glad! They are your ducks and if you want to keep them thats even better. I'm not in the least bit upset, I understand, they were your babies to start. Who am I to get mad about it?" She was so pleased to hear that. Where do these rude inconsiderate people come from that would get mad about this type of thing?

So YES, i've been there. So as for "treat others the way you would want to be treated", I've been there. And im sure i dont have the only nice buff orp on the planet. They are not hard to find. Those with a kind heart about animals would understand that they should stay with the owner they are familar with and that will continue to love and care for them.

i am not mad at you for your opinion, i asked for opinions, but understand ive been on the opposite end of this before. Quite a few times actually about 3 or 4 now that i think of it. Ive never been mad about it.

Last edited:
Offering to sell a rooster and then changing your mind is okay but should they then offer more money do not accept it. It would appear that you were only trying to get more money. Selling a mean rooster without disclosing the facts is WRONG. No way is that acceptable. You wouldn't want it to happen to you. If I had agreed to sell I would stand by my word, but then I always try to live my life by the highest standard possible.

Quote:
Oh no, apparently this friendly rooster is priceless. I got a rooster that i bought knowing that he "didnt attack anyone".... Well wrong! He attacks me. Even in the dark!!!! I wouldnt sell anyone a rooster i tried to pass of as nice.... I sold a mean leghorn and did state that he was mean. The people only wanted a protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom