Ive decided to keep him :p

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BellLisamo, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG]

heres "the Jerk wad!" Im telling you she can have mine!!! hahaha [​IMG]

he is gorgeous though isnt he?

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Crowing

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:You can make up all the reasons you want in the world, and I don't care how many others agree that you should go back on your word. If you told this woman you would sell her this rooster than that's it. It doesn't matter who posted the ad. Call it sellers remorse if you want, but I guarantee if the roles were reversed you'd be mad as a wet hen. And if your consceince wasn't bothering you, you never would have asked in the first place. You were just looking for allies in your deception. Clearly you've got some.
    Remember you reap what you sow. It'll come back to you. I should probably write down those who agree with you so I never do business with them. [​IMG]

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Quote:You can make up all the reasons you want in the world, and I don't care how many others agree that you should go back on your word. If you told this woman you would sell her this rooster than that's it. It doesn't matter who posted the ad. Call it sellers remorse if you want, but I guarantee if the roles were reversed you'd be mad as a wet hen. And if your consceince wasn't bothering you, you never would have asked in the first place. You were just looking for allies in your deception. Clearly you've got some.
    Remember you reap what you sow. It'll come back to you. I should probably write down those who agree with you so I never do business with them. [​IMG]

Amen

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ

Obviously you didnt read anything i wrote... I have been in "her" shoes before. I've someone go back and say i couldnt buy her ducks and she even posted an add to sell them, had several interested in them. I wished her the best of luck and told her i was happy she decided to keep them. Go back and read. I would NOT be mad about it. I've been there a few times. OH WELL

5. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

BellLisamo-

I'm gonna agree with ya on this one - I would understand completely if someone told me that they reconsidered and couldn't part with their animal. I'd be happy that the animal had someone to care for it and move on! [​IMG] I find people that have experienced ambivalence can empathize, and accept as well as respect your decision.

And let's face it - ya love yours, but B.O Roos are easily found - with respect for how tough it can be to find a sweet one - and I think it is a nice gesture for you to assist the buyer in finding one [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a bond with this crazy roo -- and that is a special thing.. whatever you decide - - I think it is just great that you've been able to enjoy this roo! [​IMG]

Best wishes with your decision!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  6. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Songster

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    I'd sell him, the lady that buys him may be so happy with him that he'd be a repeat customer.

7. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Thanks wingnut1, as i said before, ive been in the opposite side of this situation, and i was happy that they decided to keep their pet. A chicken can be a pet, and most dont even know that nor care to find out. I dont have any chickens on my farm that will walk up to me, and trust me. NOT ONE. SO he is special. [​IMG]

8. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:She lives like 5 hours away, she was coming to my town for vacation. I doubt she'd drive down here again to get something else from me. She doesn't live in my town.

9. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:haha! sonew! he is handsome. how old is he? his comb isnt fully developed yet is it?

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    hes a yr old this month-yes he is fully developed( I think? after 1 year?) -the very points of his comb got frostbitten this winter even with heating lights-vaseline-and heated water bowl! Hes so protective of his girls that he slept wth his head out of the coop everynight even in 20 below weather! I had to really watch his comb and waddles everyday-when he was still nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: